quick ? on new dorel seat

Katy

Wendy mentioned on chat the other night about a new dorel seat comming out in a month or two. I've searched and searched and cannot find it with my phone today and can't remember the name. Please help me out because I've been dealing with dorel and my CA not rf right. TY

ADS

Pixels

She was probably talking about the Maxi Cosi Pria 70, which isn't expected to hit store shelves for a month. Dorel has seven new seats coming out this summer (well nine but two are already out) so it's possible she was referring to something else. But the Pria is the one we have an ETA for.

Katy

yeap thats it thanks. They think they can send me two onside airs for the RF. Let me keep the CA's for when we are ready to FF. I'm trying to argue that they wont get near the CA RF even with the same height and weight rules because the onside is much much shorter shell.

Pixels

Peg, there's a whole buncha info in the Tech Forum, in a thread titled something like "Quick notes from Dorel webinar."

Brigala

CPST Instructor
Keep us posted on how it goes. I've been thinking that if I could get them to trade a Pria for my CA65SE that it might be worth calling them. I cannot get my car seat installed with that freaking line level to the ground. The best I can do is about a 10° slant, which puts my car seat at a 43° recline (measuring the back of the seat like Dorel says to; the level line puts it at 53° which not only won't fit in my Suburban but also makes me feel very uncomfortable and unsafe).

bnsnyde

I read all the notes but didn't find weights of seats.

Any that FF harness to 65 lbs. that are light and have a high harness?
I sort of need a Maestro (pumped up) that fits heavier kids for travel. Like a plane.

Currently anyone with a kid over 50 lbs. has to lug a heavy harnessed seat or use a booster before the kid is perhaps ready. I wish someone would solve this.

Brigala

CPST Instructor
I don't think they mentioned the weight of any of the seats. The Easy Fit or whatever that cheapest one is looks like it might be lightweight, and it's narrow.

All of them harness to 65 lbs. I don't know the harness height on any of them except the Pria, which is 17".

Pixels

The Easy Fit is also supposed to be short in order to fit RFing in more vehicles, so I wouldn't count on it having high top harness slots.

Pixels

Cosco, Maxi Cosi, Eddie Bauer, Safety 1st, Disney Baby, Quinny, and Hoppop are all Dorel brands.

Katy

Keep us posted on how it goes. I've been thinking that if I could get them to trade a Pria for my CA65SE that it might be worth calling them. I cannot get my car seat installed with that freaking line level to the ground. The best I can do is about a 10° slant, which puts my car seat at a 43° recline (measuring the back of the seat like Dorel says to; the level line puts it at 53° which not only won't fit in my Suburban but also makes me feel very uncomfortable and unsafe).

The manager said that the new Pria is going to be a babies R us exclusive, and they they can't use them for returns, replacements or anything like that. I'll try again if I can't get the onside air to install properly after the new seats come out.:p

She said the CA and OSA were about the same size and will RF my kids the same amount of time. :rolleyes: She also stated that the OSA was the same shell as the Scenera :confused:

Brigala

CPST Instructor
The manager said that the new Pria is going to be a babies R us exclusive, and they they can't use them for returns, replacements or anything like that. I'll try again if I can't get the onside air to install properly after the new seats come out.:p

She said the CA and OSA were about the same size and will RF my kids the same amount of time. :rolleyes: She also stated that the OSA was the same shell as the Scenera :confused:

It's true the OSA and the Scenera are the same car seat; the OSA just has air pockets added.

I have a hard time believing that the OSA (or the Scenera for that matter) is as tall as the Complete Air. :confused:

Oh well. If there's no way I can get a Pria to replace my CA, I'll just live with the CA for a while. I'm just waiting for the kid I babysit to outgrow the Radian, at which point the Radian she uses will be my other RF seat anyway and the CA will be demoted to "babysitting and backup" seat until/unless I can get a satisfactory answer as to what kind of purple raised bump rash my baby is going to get all over her body if I dare to install the CA at around 35-40 degrees of recline. :evil grin:

Katy

I made my own acronym for the OnSide air, sorry. I didn't think there was one...

I used the wrong smilie too, I meant to use this one:rolleyes: I knew there was a big difference in the CA and the scenera (and OSA). I'm sure the manager knows that too....

Thankyou all!

I'm pretty sure I'm comfortable with the 30 to 40 degree recline, still on the fence about the 40 inches. I got plenty of time, and they are backup seats anyways so no big deal. Just figured I'd raise some heck with them since they were on the phone for replacement parts anyways. I feel that they should be offering replacement seats or fix their darn level line. I've seen quite a few seats reclined WAY to far and it's putting kids at risk, especially for those parents who are following the rule but have no idea at 55 degrees is way too reclined.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC