WWYD?

armyfam

My plan was to put my 15th month old in the Onboard 35 for the 10.5 plane ride back to the US. She hasn't ridden in the seat since about 8 months when we moved her to her EFT65 because she screamed in the Onboard. I thought it was just a phase until she road in it for the first time this week and screamed the entire time in it. She just hates the seat. So, I don't want to deal with that on the plane and want to figure something else out.

My 4.5 year old was going to ride in the Radian XTSL on the plane
9 year old would be in the seat belt on the plane then LB turbo in the car.
The 2 oldest will be in the 04 Corolla 3 mornings a week this upcoming school year and 5 mornings a week next school year. But we will all be using the Corolla about a week or two while we wait for our van to get shipped back to the US. We need seats to fit everyone.

So, would you put DD2 in the plane seat belt and buy a booster for DH car or buy another harnessed seat. And which seat can I get to fit 3 across in an 04 Corolla?
Can I get a three across with the Maestro, Radian RF, and turbo?
Should I buy another Radian for DD2? Would a Parkway fit in the mix?
The seats I own so far are- Regent
LB turbo
EFTA
EFT65
HB Monterey

DD1-9yrs-63 pounds
DD2-4.5yrs- 38.5 pounds
DD3-15months-22 pounds

ADS

Jan06twinmom

Will you be picked up in the Corolla from the airport? If you don't have to do the 3 across at the airport, I would just use the EFT65 on the plane for the baby and to get home from the airport. One of my reasons for using the EFT65 is that you know the baby does okay with this seat already.

My preference would be to not use the Radian for the baby on the plane if you can use the Triumph 65. It doesn't fit rear-facing on the plane and it's a very upright forward-facing seat. I think your baby won't be able to sleep as well on the plane in the Radian.

Is your 4.5yo riding rear-facing or forward-facing? If forward-facing, I would lean toward the Maestro or another combination seat and pass along the Radian for the baby to use rear-facing.

Hopefully, someone else can tell you about what fits 3 across in the Corolla.

Melanie

armyfam

We will be in a rental on the way home from the airport. My 4 year old is ff. Thanks for the heads up on the radian install on the plane. We had never taken it on a plane before.

Jan06twinmom

The Radian works very well as a forward-facing seat on the plane.

With this new information, I would bring the 4.5yo on the Radian on the plane and the baby in the ETA65 rf on the plane. Bring the nbb for the oldest child. Rent a larger vehicle (maybe full size car? minivan?) to get home from the airport.

Once you are back in the US, you can get the Maestro for the 4.5 yo to use in the Corolla. Hopefully you can get some suggestions about what may work in for 3 across in the Corolla too. I think you already have some good ideas though.

Melanie

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC