Returning Regent - WWYD?

thepote

Hi all,
On Saturday I made the decision to buy a Regent for 33lb 3.5 yr old DS who just got his MA turned FF. His cousin who is 4.5 and a tiny 30 lbs was in an old expired second hand booster with a seatbelt (with two empty harness slots above his shoulders -- I asked where the harness was and my bro said they got it that way from someone else). Anyway, I was thinking my nephew will get the MA if I get DS the Regent.

Now I'm thinking I made the wrong decision -- I should wait for the Recaro Signo. In the Regent, his head hangs when he sleeps (there's as much recline as I can get) and there's something about the lack of SIP in the Regent that bugs me.

So, I would return it to the specialty baby store that I bought it at BUT I'm pretty sure I lost the receipt (threw it out with the BK drive thru garbage I think :whistle:

They won't take it back without the receipt (I called already); I paid cash b/c their debit machine wasn't working and my bank atm was next door.

EBay?? Ad in paper?? Anyone here want it?? I paid $269.99, it's Sahara, btw. I can count on one hand the number of times he rode in it.

Thanks for any advice you have :rolleyes:

Amy
mom to three boys
DS1, age 10, 70 lbs, Parkway
DS2, age 3.5, 33 lbs, Regent for a few more hours
DS3, 13 months, 19 lbs, RF in MA

ETA: Nephew will still get something appropriate from his car safety crazy aunt :)

ADS

doriansmummy

If you can not sell it here and want to sell it try your local craigslist as they seem to go very fast on Oregon craigslist.
Plus no fees!:thumbsup:

thepote

Thanks very much for suggesting Craigslist. I checked out the New Hampshire Craigslist and may go that route. I think the current plan is to use the Regent until the Recaros come out then check those out and see if we want to get one. We'll probably sell the Regent if we do. DS wants the pink Signo :rolleyes:

Thanks again,
Amy
mom of three in seats

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC