Aargh! Radian woes!

Bolly

I drive an 05 Kia Sportage. I had a Boulevard 50 CS and a Companion both installed LATCH outboard RF and although it was a tight squeeze I was happy with it and DS1 could still slip into the car before the Companion was put in.

In preparation for DD to move into an RF convertible I have bought 4 Radians (Another story for another time) I went to install it today and it can not go out board on either side RF, I would have to drive or ride with my knees bunched up, the shell is very high compared to the Boulevard. It can go in the center RF but then I can not get a good secure install LATCH or belt for the Companion.

I have got it installed FF in the center with the Companion out board right now but I am not particularly happy about turning DS2 yet, he is 25 months and 30-33lbs and maybe 35-37in (stocky)

I am really thinking about ditching the Radians and going back to the Boulevard and Companion until the last possible minute then attempting 2 Radians 1 FF and 1 RF. Am I being too hopeful?

ADS

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Not at all. I would definitely at least attempt the RF Radians (or a RF Radian and a RF Boulevard, actually!) before you ditch the RFing for your 2yo. I definitely wouldn't turn him if you didn't *have* to right now.

I assume DS1 is seatbelt-aged?

Bolly

DS1 is 14 yo and taller than me so yes. I might give the RF Radian and Boulevard a try tomorrow and if it works I guess I will keep the one Radian and see if I can return or something with the other 3.

I definitely feel better with DS2 staying RF for longer and I know I have to keep DD RF whether in the Companion/Radian or Boulevard.

Thanks for the suggestion. I will report back tomorrow! :FX:

Bolly

I tried a few more installs and it looks like I am stuck with the Boulevard if I want to keep DS2 RF for a bit longer and keep DD in the Companion for as long as possible (Hopefully by the end of the year since she is so itty bitty). Then next year we will turn DS2 FF outboard in the Radian. I am hanging on to both Radians because eventually I will need them and going to sell.return the other 2. By then I will also be looking at buying a new car so I may be able to use the Radian RF for DD otherwise she will go in the Boulevard. I love my car but I bought it when we only had one child and making it work is rough I tell ya!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC