Which booster?

creideamh

Our family is having a reunion in a week. My cousins are driving from Oklahoma to California, and they already have seats that they ride in all the time in their Suburban. I'm comfortable with the journey for the 3 & 10 year olds in their main seats, but not sure which booster to put the 6 year old in. She turned 6 just a few days ago and is a skinny little thing. She normally rides in a Big Kid Sport, but I'm thinking of maybe running down there tomorrow and swapping it out for my PWSG because of the SG clip and how skinny she is. I know the clip is mainly for younger kids submarining... is there any real benefit for a skinny 6 year old? Or do you think her BK Sport is just fine? (by the way, she is a great booster rider, even for long trips so no worries there.)

ADS

Kat_Momof3

I would get a Recaro Vivo... that's my favorite for the super skinny kid (Recaro Probooster is great, too, as long as it doesn't get tippy in the Suburban)

now, this is assuming the 6yr old will be sleeping in the car... I'd want lots of headwing support for that.

if this is a kid that never sleeps in the car, then the booster currently being used is fine.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC