EFTA rear-facing in center of VW Beetle?

Harmony96

It's an older Beetle, and the mom and dad are both quite tall. Their infant bucket is currently in there and I'm not sure what kind of infant bucket they have.

My DS is currently in an EFTA and I'm meeting this other mama after church tonight to check the fit of the EFTA in her Bug, but just wanted to get some opinions here first to see what my chances were of getting it to fit.

Baby is 9 months old and is LONG already, but not super-heavy.

ADS

BookMama

Senior Community Member
When you say "older" Beetle, do you mean vintage, as in pre-1998? I'm pretty sure the "new" Beetle doesn't have a center rear seating position.

Harmony96

I'm not sure... I don't *think* it's pre-'98. I just sent her a text, asking, but she didn't answer. I know it's older than the past couple of years, though.

beetlemama

It's either a vintage car (from the 60s or 70s) or a New Beetle, which first came out in 1998. If it's a New Beetlle there is no center seating position. In my 2006 New Beetle there are two lap/shoulder belts in the back, with no seatbelt or headrest in the middle of them (and no room for a third person). I have latch anchors on the sides as well and the manual specifically states that you may not borrow from both to install in the center of the vehicle.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC