How do I find a "good" tech?

mamakc

A friend of mine is trying to get custody of her grandchildren, age 1 & 3.5. She heard about and wants to attend a class at a local fire station in hopes of getting a free or cheap car seat. I am worried that the fire station techs might not be all that great. I talked to her about RF to 2 and she asked me if she could get a booster for the 3.5 year old. I said no, of course :) She has good intentions, but low funds. Any ideas how I can help her find good resources? The last thing I want is for her to see a tech who doesn't know/care about RF until 2. This is in the Coeur d' Alene, ID area.

ADS

jourdysmom

CPST Instructor
from HERE
Any close?

Idaho ID

Canyon County
Laurie
(wyldfyr)
Technician since 2006

Treasure Valley, Idaho (Boise, Meridian, Eagle, Star)
MacKenzie
(CPSTmama)
Technician since 2002, Instructor since 2009

Treasure Valley (Boise/Meridian)
Jen
(carseatmom)
Technician 2001

Elmore County
(Defrost)
Technician since 2007

Nampa - (Canyon County & Ada County)
Janet
(jdubsm)
Technician since 2008

Moscow and surround areas (Latah County; Whitman County, Washington)
Raechel Medina
(tech_raechel)
Technician since 2003
Instructor since 7/2007

or Spokane area?
Washington WA

Seattle
Qarin
(Qarin)
Technician since 2010

Snohomish (King, Snohomish and Skagit)
Jessi
(rodentranger)
Technician since 2010

Seattle
Wendy
(wendytthomas)
Technician since 2006

Seattle
Hayley
(HayleyCPST)
Technician since 2009

Vancouver (Clark County)
Kari
(JerseyGirl'sMama)
Technician since 2009

Thurston County
Robyn
(houseofboys)
Technician since 2008

Skagit County, parts North of Everett
Joni
(Stretchy Glue)
Technician since 2005
Senior Checker

Whitman county - travel to Colfax, Pullman, and Moscow ID regularly
Jess
(J-max)
Technician since 2009

Gig Harbor
Beth
(bethng)
Technician since 2008

King county (seattle, bellevue, eastside)
Crystal
(Cryssy Jane)
Technician since 2010

Clark and Skamania Counties, WA
Genevieve
(Genevieve)
Technician since 2011

Whatcom County
Nicole Carlson
(QuassEE)
Technician since 2008

Spokane and surrounding areas (eastern WA and northern ID, including Lewiston/Clarkston/Pullman at certain times)
Renee
(SpokaneCPST)
Technician since 2006
Senior Checker
Special Needs Training

Snohomish County (Live in Stanwood/Camano area)
Jeanie
(mommyfrog)
Technician since 2010

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I know! :) I think all techs should have a requirement of being active on c-s.o ha ha might help with the inconsistencies we hear about sometimes.

That would be terrific! Are any of the techs listed close to you?

mamakc

Yes SpokaneCPST is close, I PM'd her.

Now if I can talk DH into letting me take the tech class coming up in my town then there'll be one even closer! ;)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC