Harness Pads on Radian XTSL driving me NUTS!

MomE

Anyone else annoyed by these insanely thick, gigantic harness pads that must be used at all times (according to the manual)?! I love, love, love, love this seat and want to keep my daughter rear facing. But I'm seriously going nuts over these things! If it weren't already a bit of a pain with the ratcheting harness, the pads stick to her clothes! And then I feel kinda nervous with all the thickness between my daughter and the harness. I just can't seem to feel good about how the harness fits with these things on.... I wish I had received those nice little ones they show in all the pictures when I ordered it....

ADS

Dillipop

I have a regular radian and I don't remember them being mandatory. I don't even know where the ones for one seat are.

Off to dig out my manuals...

MomE

It won't show in the manual. The one online is not even updated. I checked it. The manual I have has a new picture and states the pads must be used at all times. They are HUGE. They surround the chest clip. And they are made of like microfiber or something similar. They stick to all the cotton I have to put on my daughter's sensitive skin.

Lyndsy

If you email/call SKJP, they will send you the older style harness covers free of charge. They did it for me and at least one other person on here. The email is helpspot@skjp.com. They take a week or 2 to get them to you though.

MomE

Excellent. Thanks. So that would imply that they don't need to be used at all times.... Kinda strange?! I'd just take them off if I don't have to use them.

armyfam

I had to return a radian yesterday that was obviously used. The DOM was March 2011. It had the new harness pads that you have. My replacement also has march a 2011 DOM and had the old style. Hmmm
ETA- the first had DOM was in April

Last edited:

MomE

Thanks NannyMom! I'll post there, but I'll also post here. In the manual on page 31 is the instructions for the harness pads under the section using the harness clip. In the old manual it says nothing about the harness pads. In the new one (the one I have) it says, "Always utilize harness pads and attach them as shown."

So it's funny they'd tell you to always use them, but then send the old pads which I guess were optional. That's confusing!

armyfam

Thanks NannyMom! I'll post there, but I'll also post here. In the manual on page 31 is the instructions for the harness pads under the section using the harness clip. In the old manual it says nothing about the harness pads. In the new one (the one I have) it says, "Always utilize harness pads and attach them as shown."

So it's funny they'd tell you to always use them, but then send the old pads which I guess were optional. That's confusing!

What is your DOM? Wonder how I got the old style?
ETA- There is no mention of the harness pads in my manual.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC