Chevy Uplander: Posted for Guest

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
Guest question:

We currently have a 2001 Suburban, and because of gas mileage, we are on the hunt for a minivan. We have three children, all forward-facing. One in a Graco Nautilus and two in Graco ComfortSports. In the Suburban we have two of the kids in the rear outboard seats and one child in the center row captains chair. We use the car's seat belts to hold the kids' car seats in, since the car doesn't have LATCH (right??). We found a 2008 Chevy Uplander we are possibly interested in, but when I asked a friend about hers, she brought up a question about putting car seats in the third row. From what I can tell, there are LATCH hooks in the second row captain's chairs and the center of the third row. If we were to put the car seats in the Uplander like we have them in the 'Burb, we could use the car's seat belts in the rear row, right?

ADS

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
You can always install carseats with vehicle belts. :)

Forward-facing seats should be top-tethered, however. You'll have tether anchors in the outboard second row seats and center third row.

How old/how big are the children in ComfortSports? IME/IMO, most children who still fit in ComfortSports (shoulders below the top strap slots) are small enough to still be rear-facing, which is considerably safer and eliminates any worries about tethering.

J

Just_us5

I drive a 2008 Chevrolet Uplander and I have a GN in the 3rd row center with a seat belt...mine doesn't have latch there and that's where the only tether is for the 3rd row. I also have a RF True Fit and a FF AoE in the captain seats with latch. Hope that helps.

BABYGIRLLYNDSEY

Are you talking about lower latch or the top tether hooks. We had a 08 Uplander and it had lower latch in the captain chairs and top tethers in captains chairs and middle third row seat. The third row didn't have lower latch. We did install a car seat in the middle row with seat belt and top tether and were still able to put passengers on both sides of the seat.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC