broken parkway what to do

steph_s

I picked up my DS today and moved his car seat out of the corner of the spare bedroom and when I went to put it in the car it seems to be stuck in recline. I removed the cover to see if that was somehow stopping it, but nope still did it. I see no broken pieces, it hasn't been damaged its been in a room no one has entered for a month and I know it wasn't broken the last time I used it because I had three boosters sitting next to a wall before I put them in the car and this one will not stay up against a wall it slides. All I did was pick it up.

Anyways here's pictures of both my Pkwy sg side by side. What am I missing? If its broken what will britax do about it if anything.

2011-06-15_172928.jpg

2011-06-15_172956.jpg

2011-06-15_173006.jpg

2011-06-15_173031.jpg

ADS

murphydog77

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Is it really a problem that it's reclined like that? When it's in the vehicle, does it still mold against the vehicle seat so that it's the same angle as the vehicle seat? If so, I wouldn't worry.

monstah

If you haven't already, I would take off all the little cover elastics and make sure they aren't stuck in the hinge. I'd then take the back off and see if I can see what it's getting hung up on as I put it back together.
When forced upright, it just bounces back?

steph_s

yes when forced upright it just goes right back again. In the car it doesn't sit flush with my seat unless ds is in out but the second he gets out it literally slides the seat bottom forward. It doesn't sit upright at all it took me forever to get it balanced so I could take those pics.

I've already taken the cover off. Even with the cover off it flops backwards.

steph_s

britax wants the seat back and are sending me a new seat. I'm still baffled as to why the seat that's used daily and moved around a lot for two years is fine but the newer one that isn't used much and has been in the spare bedroom is broken. I'm glad they are taking care of it, but I hate shipping things out all the time and am still totally confused as to what the problem could be because I see no difference between the good one and the broken one.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC