Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2829303132333435363738

Re: Strollers.com clearance car seats restocked

I was told that if I wanted an XTSL, I'd have to pay full price. So I am just going to return it. They are going to e-mail me some UPS shipping labels.

I think I am going to give up on the RN, as in actually getting another clearanced XTSL and in general. I did manage to get one XTSL, but it's driving me nuts! I really wanted to use it to keep Zain RF longer, but I noticed that it does not want to stay upright and even though I thought I could deal with it, I don't think he's going to like being so reclined. I didn't realize just how bad it reclined until I went to re-install the TFP for Nour since I'm getting the kids tomorrow. The TFP is nice and upright and STAYS that way! I might just look into getting a FR85 for Zain. He is already FF in his mom's car and I did get him RF to 3, so I should be happy that we went that long, right?

Marsha, Godmother to Nour & Zain (8) and grandparent (aka "Nanny Marsha") to Ethan (8), Katelyn & Owen (7), and Chase, (6)

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Honestly, there are enough people over on the Swap that WISH they could score one of the 80SLs... before sending it back I'd offer it over there. Seems kinda sad to send it back and then someone who really wants one can't get one...

Well, now there is a change of plans. I just listened to a voice mail on my cell phone from the CSR that I spoke to earlier and he's been instructed to just refund my money and for me to hold on to the seat for 3 weeks rather than ship it back. If I have not heard back from anyone in that time about sending it back, then I can keep the seat. I guess maybe they want to wait to see if an XTSL come back through clearance. Even if it did, I think there is a long line of people ahead of me who were supposed to get XTSL's! I just may wind up with another free seat!

Marsha, Godmother to Nour & Zain (8) and grandparent (aka "Nanny Marsha") to Ethan (8), Katelyn & Owen (7), and Chase, (6)

CPS Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by msg221
    Well, now there is a change of plans. I just listened to a voice mail on my cell phone from the CSR that I spoke to earlier and he's been instructed to just refund my money and for me to hold on to the seat for 3 weeks rather than ship it back. If I have not heard back from anyone in that time about sending it back, then I can keep the seat. I guess maybe they want to wait to see if an XTSL come back through clearance. Even if it did, I think there is a long line of people ahead of me who were supposed to get XTSL's! I just may wind up with another free seat!
    I'm so jealous! That's crazy they sent you two wrong seats!

Wow - I've been off this thread for a while (out of town) and That's crazy about the consistent mix up with the 80SLs and XTSLs. You'd think they could at least read the box
    CPST and Mom to:
    DS 12/05 {60# and 55.5"}
    DD 6/08 {56# and 51.5"} in an Incognito

7. Thank You from:

Carseat Crazy

Quote Originally Posted by msg221 View Post
    I was told that if I wanted an XTSL, I'd have to pay full price. So I am just going to return it. They are going to e-mail me some UPS shipping labels.

I think I am going to give up on the RN, as in actually getting another clearanced XTSL and in general. I did manage to get one XTSL, but it's driving me nuts! I really wanted to use it to keep Zain RF longer, but I noticed that it does not want to stay upright and even though I thought I could deal with it, I don't think he's going to like being so reclined. I didn't realize just how bad it reclined until I went to re-install the TFP for Nour since I'm getting the kids tomorrow. The TFP is nice and upright and STAYS that way! I might just look into getting a FR85 for Zain. He is already FF in his mom's car and I did get him RF to 3, so I should be happy that we went that long, right?
    Wait, I thought they told you that you could keep the 80sl for FREE since they couldn't send you an XTSL? Or was that someone else?

Carseat Crazy

Quote Originally Posted by msg221 View Post
    Just saw this. Hmmm.... they apparently have the dumbest business practices ever (or the dumbest cs people). Or you keep getting really lucky, since when I had to return something, they just sent me a label and had me send it back (it was a stroller).
    More power to you for getting free seats.