Graco experiences...

mygr8kiddos

Hi everyone. I originally posted on the Special Needs board, but wanted to pass along some advice for everyone. I contacted Graco because I purchased a SR35 back in January (shortly after learning I was expecting a surprise 6th baby!) and realized a few weeks ago that the lower limit on the seat was 5 pounds and that it probably wouldn't work for us, once we needed it. (I have had all preemies!) I inquired whether or not Graco offered a newborn insert like other manufacturers', and explained my situation to the rep. She did some checking, came back on the line and gave me a return authorization number to return the unused seat! She apologized for not being able to offer a suitable seat and would pass my situation on to research and development, and would issue a check for the MSRP ($150) once in possesion of the seat! I have had nothing but wonderful experiences with Graco Customer Service and would encourage anyone having an issue with any item really, to contact the manufacturer! I know Graco offers a one year warranty and in my 15 years of experience with their products, they stand firmly behind what they sell. So, if you have an issue, contact CS. From reading others' experiences, you may not like the response you get, but call back and talk with someone else or ask for a supervisor, it may be well worth it! I hope this helps someone.

ADS

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
I'll second this. I've never had anything but excellent customer service from Graco.

Just to note though, The new Graco Snugride 30 has a 4# lower weight limit and fits preemies very well.

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
FWIW - a close friend of mine had a 27 week preemie, he came home hovering right around 5 pounds in a SR35, they had to use quite a few receiving blankets for a couple months but he passed the car seat test in the NICU with flying colors!

mygr8kiddos

Hmm... I wasn't sure what to do so I posted my dilemma on the special needs board. They said KF30, Chaperone, and OB 35. I'm a huge Graco fan, (and the thought of Chicco and Dorel products turned my stomach) but thought I'd check just to be sure. I think the harness slots are lower on the aforementioned seats than the SR30 though. Looking back at my youngest on his discharge day, slots in the SR22 were still too high, and the SS1 were high even at 2.5mo. He was born at 32 wks and was discharged 4 weeks later at 4 lbs. 10 ozs. It all worked out though. I found a NEW in box Chaperone on Craigslist for $150. Went to pick it up today (all tags, warranty card, etc. still attached and a manufacture date of 1/2011!) and came home and played with it.... AMAZING! I know I won't have any issues properly restraining this little guy. I love Britax too, but Graco's CS wins hands down....

jaded

I agree, I have never had any issues when I've had to call Graco in the past. I posted that they replaced my Nautilus with a new one when the harness adjuster started fraying. No questions asked!

MommaWhitney

I will only buy graco or britax. CS is very important to me. The only reason Id go outside those 2 brands is if my children outgrew thier options before I was ready for the next step. My youngest is 18m and might not make it to 4yr rf. Im hoping either brand comes out with a taller shell. Or else Ill have an issue lol

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

Notaclue

We have had great experience with Graco customer service too! I won't hesistate to buy their products!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC