Safety 1st onboard air question

leighi123

Can it touch the seat in front?
What position does the handle need to be in in the car?
The ball in the recline thing, does it HAVE to be in the area for heigher weight for a bigger baby? (baby is 2months old, 12lbs, ball is in the "4-11lbs" spot right now)

My computer won't let me look at the manual properly right now and I wanted to check on this stuff - a friend came over with her little guy today and let me look at his seat!

ADS

armyfam

I was actually reading my Onboard manual today(not the air version though) and see nothing about the handle or touching the back of the seat?
But on page 35 and 40 of my manual it says "Check the angle indicator, the ball should be between the two marks on the indicator that matches the weight of your child". That's about it.
I'll reread the manual and see if I can find any info about the handle or seat touching.

leighi123

I was actually reading my Onboard manual today(not the air version though) and see nothing about the handle or touching the back of the seat?
But on page 35 and 40 of my manual it says "Check the angle indicator, the ball should be between the two marks on the indicator that matches the weight of your child". That's about it.
I'll reread the manual and see if I can find any info about the handle or seat touching.

Thanks - I couldn't find it either when I was able to look today. I'm guessing major bracing is not ok though, which is what she had because she was worried about it moving at the back of the seat. It was very tight at the beltpath, she is just used to her older ds's GN not moving at all.

The angle thing - to me it looked like it was at 45* with the baby in, but I only got a quick look, ball was in the lower weight though. I just wonder how much that matters.

creideamh

The handle can be in any of the locked positions (the green shows through on either side when properly clicked into place.) Don't know if they allow it to touch the seat in front, I have advanced airbags so my car doesn't allow me to do that anyway. I don't know about the angle thing, especially with all this about the Complete Air angles and all, but I know when I snap it into the Clic frame, it's always at the lower 4-11 lb one (my girl is about 15) and there's no way to change that. Personally, I think it has more to do with baby's airway than anything, but at this point, who knows. With a 12 lb 2 month old, I'd feel more comfortable at the 4-11 angle until the babe has head control.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC