Replacing seats..help me choose

mamakc

I'm replacing my car seats after a very very very minor incident. I don't think I need to, but the at fault insurance offered so why the heck not. :) The "crashed" seats are an original CA & radian xtsl.

I struggled for a long time trying to find the best set of seats in my car so I can get 3 across since I regularly babysit my niece. I *hate* the radian, but it was the only thing that would fit in the center seat of my car. I had replaced DS's radian with a CA and it worked really well. I ended up getting a CA65LX also and like it even more. When I watch my niece, it has worked really well to have the CA passenger side outboard, XTSL middle, and SS1 (niece's seat) driver side outboard. DN (11mo) is not going to be outgrow her SS1 anytime soon (might last 6-12 more months), but she will eventually and I've been worried about what to do after she outgrows it. As far as I can tell, the only two seats I can fit side by side on the 60 side of my split bench is two radians facing different ways.

So should I stick with my original set up and get a CA65LX & radian? Or should I get two radians to prepare for the future needs of DN?

ETA: I'm also considering maybe a Britax Frontier85 & a radian. DS is tall in the torso so I'm thinking when DD is ready to booster full time (she's short in the torso and will never outgrow one of those lol) I could pass it to DS.

Too many choices! Help me think it through!

Last edited:
ADS

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC