Sad day - Matthew is 32 lbs.

cookie123

And I'm not prepared. I figured I had most of the summer to decide. I've been vacillating between the Frontier or a ProSport. But have been kind of waiting on the Argos and the First Years whatever it is called. I figured with lighter clothes and it being summer, he wouldn't gain weight. :(

I can use the Avenue in the interim. Actually rf or ff. That rfs to 35 lbs. Actually it seems ridiculous that my Radian rf to 33 lbs while the much lighter, flimsier feeling Avenue goes to 35 lbs.

ADS

jjordan

You might still have most of the summer... My dd stays at the same weight for MONTHS. I wouldn't be surprised to hear of a 3 year old that stayed 32# for a whole summer!

cookie123

Mine didn't make the 35 lbs cut. I forget the DOM now, but it was right after. It probably is likely he'll stay there for awhile. It wasn't that long ago that he was 29.5, so maybe that will be it for awhile, and I DO have all summer to wait and see. :)

I have been going back and forth between those two seats as well. I think I have settled on the ProSport because it harnesses to 90#s and 59", and it reclines.

AtTheSouthDam

I have been going back and forth between those two seats as well. I think I have settled on the ProSport because it harnesses to 90#s and 59", and it reclines.

The ProSport is a very nice seat and I love it but there are a few things to consider.
1. No child is going to make it to 90# in it.
2. 59" may be possible with a short torso. The top harness is only about 18.5" vs the Frontier's 20"
and
3. If you are using a seat belt install there is a minor interference in some vehicle where the shoulder portion of the seat belt wants to sit over the harness slot. Not a problem if you are doing LATCH, though, and installation is so easy!

OP, I hope he slows down for you and you get the summer to decide! I know how it goes when waiting for new seats :)

bnsnyde

59 inches? The Prosport says it harnesses to only 50 inches, from what I'm reading online. So I don't know how tall the child would actually fit but probably 50 is a good estimate.

We chose the Frontier for long term, but I LIKE the Prosport better.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC