What is the difference between Maclaren Volo 06 and 07?

stefani

So I have my heart set on getting a Maclaren Volo. I am wondering what is the difference between the 2006 vs. 2007 models, besides choice of colors of course.

TIA.

ADS

lovinwaves

Major Price difference :p

I just bought a 2006 Volo from albeebaby and I can't imagine what the 2007's would have differently. I test drove the same stroller at BRU except it was a 2007. I didn't notice anything different, or anything I couldn't live without.

The only other thing would be when you go to sell it. You are going to lose a year of resale value.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Besides the price, is there a difference? I'm sure the colors are different, but is there a difference otherwise?

Dillipop

The 2007 comes with the rain cover. The 2006 does not, but you can buy an accessory pack that has a rain cover, seat cover and carry bag for the 2006 if you want it for around $30. I went with the 2006 because I really can't see a need for a raincover and I liked saving $40!

lovinwaves

The 2007 comes with the rain cover. The 2006 does not, but you can buy an accessory pack that has a rain cover, seat cover and carry bag for the 2006 if you want it for around $30. I went with the 2006 because I really can't see a need for a raincover and I liked saving $40!

Thanks Shannon!! :D

Well, I'm glad I am not missing out on anything for the 2007 models. I mean, I am using my VOLO for the Pool's this summer, so I would definitely not be using a rain cover LOL!!

NHCPSTECH

Senior Community Member
What I wasn't sure about is how many slots the 06 had..the 07 most definitely has 3 slots...you cannot see it in that photo. Also, at BRU the carbon volo has been 100.00 for a long time (06 and 07 models). The newer safron volo, as is pictured above has a fabric seat (as opposed to all mesh)and is 120.00. I can't confirm or deny the raincover ...I just can't remember. I am positive about the additional harness slots though.

R.

Last edited:

lovinwaves

What I wasn't sure about is how many slots the 06 had..the 07 most definitely has 3 slots...you cannot see it in that photo. Also, at BRU the carbon volo has been 100.00 for a long time (06 and 07 models). The newer safron volo, as is pictured above has a fabric seat (as opposed to all mesh)and is 120.00. I can't confirm or deny the raincover ...I just can't remember. I am positive about the additional harness slots though.

R.

My 2006 has a Fabric seat as well. Those 3 harness slots might come in handy though :thumbsup:

jn__

I have an 06 volo with 3 harness slots, mesh panel in the middle, ripstop nylon @ top and bottom.

I thought the mesh was part of the draw of the volo??

I was quite surprised to see the 3 slots, I thought too that was an 07 improvement. And I have had enough maclarens that I have about four rain covers laying around.

And with this I kill the thread like I kill every other stroller thread I've posted in...

stefani

I have an 06 volo with 3 harness slots, mesh panel in the middle, ripstop nylon @ top and bottom.

I thought the mesh was part of the draw of the volo??

I was quite surprised to see the 3 slots, I thought too that was an 07 improvement. And I have had enough maclarens that I have about four rain covers laying around.

And with this I kill the thread like I kill every other stroller thread I've posted in...

Finally I bought myself a turquoise Volo 2006 from Ebay! It is not here yet, but I can't wait.

I think the carbon / black Volo as all mesh seat, while the colored ones the seat itself is fabric, with mesh for the back. I don't particularly need the adjustable harness as DS is probably going to be at the highest at 3.75 years old, but it will be nice for some smaller children later.

Well, I have to add in my post before you kill the thread :)

stefani

Just want to post an update that yes, the 2006 Volo has 3 harness heights. The harness is rather stiff and not as snug as carseat harness, but with my son that is not an issue.

I took it for a trip on the train and it was great. I need to learn to fold it quickly though :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC