who has most recent DOMs for Monterey, Vivo?

2wild

I just got one of each from Diapers.com but the Vivo is 7/10 and the Monterey is 10/10. Unless I get a great price, I want newer seats. They are checking to see if they even have newer seats, but wondering where else I can reliably order a recent one? thank you!

ADS

2wild

thanks. i'd really like to get something from 2011, if possible. i really dont want to keep shipping back and forth (even if it's free) until i get a date i want but i don't really see an alternative - there is no b&m around here that carries these seats. still waiting for the final word from diapers.com, but i'm guessing they wont make any promises. elite car seats and recaro also wont make any promises, but i am wondering if they may still be a safer bet? haven't looked around much for the monterey yet.
what DOM would you settle for if you are paying full price? 7-10 months seems pretty old even at 15-20% off......

rachelandtyke

If I got a seat on discount or on sale, then I would expect it to have an older DOM. That's usually how they clear out older stock.

mlohry

A friend just got a Mont from diapers.com and the seat was from 10/10. She sent it back and bought it locally where they would price match.

2wild

i fully appreciate that a discounted seat would be an older model...i just thought there would have been a great discount. i did the math, though, and the vivo at least seems to be a decent prorated price.
so the question is, at $119, would you expect a fairly recent monterey? that seems to be a fairly common price

Chris

$119 is standard price for the monterrey. I ordered one from Amazon, go an 8/10 date (in March). Had them rush ship me a new one, that one was 6/10! They told me that they had no way of checking their stock before shipping. I had a coupon code so I paid $110. I didn't have time for the hassle of sending back and forth, and really needed the seat ASAP, so I kept the first one and just had to suck it up.

If you have the time, to ship back and forth, I would hold out for a better date, especially if you are working with a place that couldposibly check their stock. Good Luck!!

2wild

Does diapers.com usually have older seats? I'm getting a ma70
Prob no more than anyone else. I am happy to report that I just got a Monterey with a 3/11 DOM.
And I do love their hassle free returns and excellent customer service!
Also got a replacement for the defective Vivo, this one with a 12/24/10 date. Not quite as recent as I'd like, but for the price I'll take it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC