Scenera Harness Questions

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member
OK, so we went and got the Scenera yesterday :D

I moved the harness straps and the crotch strap to fit DD, and tried her in it to see how she fit and all (She's already above the second slots! :eek: ) Anyway, when I buckled the harness and tightened like I do with her MA (basically pull tight), I noticed that the harness was digging into her shoulder/neck. I tried a pinch test, and I could get a *tiny* bit with my fingernails (it would pass - it was VERY difficult to get the pinch at all, and my fingers slipped after about a second). The second and the third pic is wth the harness at the same - I didn't let out or take in any in between pics.

Scenera1.jpg

Scenera2.jpg

Scenerapinch.jpg

ADS

TxMomma

I'm not a tech but maybe I can help. I would move the chest clip down to where the top is level with the top of her armpits, then tighten the harness again. The pinch test IIRC is done at the shoulder, not where you are doing it. I have 2 Scenera's and I've never had the straps look like yours do, where they are bunching at the chest clip.

trailrunnermom

When I tightened the harness on our Scenera, I would first pull the slack out by pulling the straps upwards towards the child's shoulders, then pull the harness tightener strap, then position the chest clip (or if the chest clip wasn't already closed, then close it and position it). I'm not a tech, either, but I agree with PP that the chest clip looks a little high in the picture. HTH!

my3girls

A new strap is stiffer and the Scenera would leave marks on my dd if she had on a tank top. One solution is to make sure she's wearing a t-shirt, at least on longer trips, and pull it up so it's between her and the harness in the neck area. AND, I *think* someone said you could call Dorel and order harness covers for it. But it does seem like it's digging into her neck, but not so tight on the outside of the strap, so lowering the chest clip a tiny amount should help too.

Yeah, I haven't ordered any yet, but someone posted that they ordered a set from Dorel for $2.50 or something insanely cheap like that. It might just be the new straps...at first they seemed to rub on my dd, but they seem fine now.

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member
I would so be ordering those pads if I didn't need them by next Wednesday (I don't trust them to have that fast shipping)...

I guess I'll just make sure she's wearing a Tshirt and it'll be OK. I mean, I can't complain that much for $40 right ;)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC