Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Urgh, my Marathon keeps loosening on it's own

I'm guessing the silver harness lock on the adjuster strap has stopped locking down. The first time I noticed it, I thought my dd had loosened it after I buckled the baby in but it has happened since so I am sure it is messed up.
    I really can't be out this seat.
    Amanda

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Senior Community Member aeormsby's Avatar

Re: Urgh, my Marathon keeps loosening on it's own

How old is it? Give Britax a call tomorrow and see what they say.
    Ann

DD - 1/06 - 5-stepping
    DS - 12/07 - Incognito, Recaro Performance Booster & Harmony Literiders
    And a Bubble Bum for backup/travel

They have had amazing customer service for me, dealing with my RA 50. The harness severely frayed on our less than a year old seat, they sent me a new one, and then that seat had issues too, the same thing as yours, the adjuster wouldn't hold the harness, but the seat was brand new. Now they are sending me a MA, to see if that a better option, honestly I am not sure if I am going to keep or sell that seat. I might be trying a different brand to see if it's more compatible with our van. Anyway, they were super helpful and really wanted me to have the safest seat possible. Have gone above and beyond I feel. Call them!
    Monica-former CPST, now just a car-seat safety freak.
    Samuel, 12 yrs, seat belt middle passenger row of our Odyssey.
    Mitchell, 10yrs, back row, Amp.
    Lucy, 6 years, booster. All of us occasionally ride in a Honda Fit.

Is it an old seat? Is there fuzzing on the top sides of the adjuster trap? A friend of mine has a MA that's 4yrs old and that is exactly the problem. She has to make sure the silver piece is pushed down after she loosens or tightens.
    Mama to Sofi: 7.1 yrs, 46Lbs (47"), Boostered in a Turbo, Vivo, Monterey, Cybex; harnessed in Nautilus
    Nanny to BabyD, 21 months in a RXT, Classic Marathon, Boulevard 70

The seat has a Dom of late 2007. I will give them a call tomorrow and see what they think.

Senior Community Member Keeks64's Avatar
    My MA65 - Dom 2010 was doing that!!!!! Randomly lossening & then sometimes it would lock & I couldn't tighten it.... I called & they are replacing it with no problems....I have to send my old seat back ( Pre paid shipping) & I'm done super easy & they were very nice & helpful!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

R: 09/2008, 40lbs & 44"
    D: 07/2012 27lbs & 33"

My marathon did the same thing. I ended up selling the seat because I needed it in a seatbelt only position and lost confidence in its ability to do its job.
    Chardon, Ohio - One Heartbeat - 2/27/12