Question What do you think Britax will do?

mlohry

I just had a major issue with a severe fray with my less than a year old RA 50. Britax was super helpful and sent me a new seat. The new seat unfortunately is worse than the 1st for tightening. It's horrible to tighten and I keep finding it with the adjuster metal piece in the up position when it should be locked when my DD is riding in it. I called them today and the lady is going to call me back, she was very concerned about the seat. I really don't want to replace it with another Britax seat after all these issues. I want to try a different brand. Will they reimburse me for the seat, or will they only offer me another Britax seat? Not sure if it's just not compatible with my van.

ADS

cso1997

I've found that you never really know what Britax is going to do because it changes day by day, rep to rep. If I had to guess, I would say that they won't offer a reimbursement and they will want you to try another one of their seats. They may offer a Marathon instead but probably not a different brand. Good luck!!

ETA: You could always take their replacement seat, sell it, and buy what you really want.

tracee877

I've found that you never really know what Britax is going to do because it changes day by day, rep to rep. If I had to guess, I would say that they won't offer a reimbursement and they will want you to try another one of their seats. They may offer a Marathon instead but probably not a different brand. Good luck!!

ETA: You could always take their replacement seat, sell it, and buy what you really want.

:yeahthat:

Meg

I just had a major issue with a severe fray with my less than a year old RA 50.
What was fraying?

Like the PP said, I think it's unlikely they'll just give you the money, so selling the new seat is a good option if you don't feel comfortable using another Britax seat.

mlohry

The adjuster puller strap. I wonder if Target would take it back, I think I have the receipt from the original one.

Last edited:

momtotwogirls

I would jsut ask. My sister was in an accident a few months ago and Evenflo was going to send her a new seat in return for her old one but she told them she wanted a different seat and they asked where she got it from and since they retail for 149.99 at Target(where she got it from) they issued her a check for like 155 or something(plus tax) and sent her tags to send her crashed seat back.

mlohry

momtotwogirls said:
I would jsut ask. My sister was in an accident a few months ago and Evenflo was going to send her a new seat in return for her old one but she told them she wanted a different seat and they asked where she got it from and since they retail for 149.99 at Target(where she got it from) they issued her a check for like 155 or something(plus tax) and sent her tags to send her crashed seat back.

Sweet! Good job Evenflo!

msg221

I was wondering the same thing given I just had my MA70 replaced after the screw fell out. If it happens again, I don't want another convertible since they are all pretty much the same design, right? I was wondering if they would be willing to exchange it for a FR85 instead. It's of comparable value, so I figured they would rather do that than having to keep on sending me a new seat and pay for shipping for the new seat and again for me to return the defective seat.

I've decided to keep a log of each time one of the kids rides in that seat. The fact that it wasn't used daily in the 7 months I had it (more like 4-6 times a month, if that) and the screw still fell out, really concerns me. Since I got the replacement seat about a week and a half ago, it's only been used 3 times.

Last edited:

mlohry

msg221 said:
I was wondering the same thing given I just had my MA70 replaced after the screw fell out. If it happens again, I don't want another convertible since they are all pretty much the same design, right? I was wondering if they would be willing to exchange it for a FR85 instead. It's of comparable value, so I figured they would rather do that than having to keep on sending me a new seat and pay for shipping for the new seat and again for me to return the defective seat.

I've decided to keep a log of each time one of the kids rides in that seat. The fact that it wasn't used daily in the 7 months I had it (more like 4-6 times a month, if that) and the screw still fell out, really concerns me. Since I got the replacement seat about a week and a half ago, it's only been used 3times.

My new seat, was wrong from the beginning. At least my 1st one took 10 months to fall apart. :(

mlohry

Update, they are sending me a MA since the RA 50 doesn't seem to be working well. I don't think that will work any better. I might try to sell it and get an EFTA. Good customer service though, that's 4 sure!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC