Vent 4 small boys in the back of a car

mumof2

when there are only 3 seatsbelts!! the boys would ahve been aged around 5-9 years. there were also two adults in front (passengers and driver)

that is what I saw today in a car that parked next to me at the supermarket as I was about to go home..once they went into the supermarket I called our local polices comms and reported them.

no idea if the police caught up with them or not but I did all that I could do

ADS

Suzibeck

I've spoken with the police officer at my kids' school about the many families who put 4 kids in back seats and he said if it is their only mode of transportation he lets it go. :eek: He went on to say most families live close by so they don't drive far. Well, if they live close, they can WALK! We frequently walk, it is 8/10th of a mile for us and most of the kids in the school live closer than we do and the vast majority have no busy streets to cross to get to the school. There are lots of sidewalks and all but two streets in the area are 2 lane with 25-30 mph speed limits so it is not a dangerous area to walk.

momtotwogirls

in Utah if you have more people than seatbelts you use the seatbelts for that many and not the others. so If I have 4-5 kids in the back of a sedan with 3 seatbelts I buckle 3 and leave the others unbuckled.

mumof2

over here you get get fined $150 per person not in a seatbelt/carseat...if you are over 15 then that person gets the fine anyone under 15 the driver gets the fine.

I only carry as many passengers as there are seatbelts in my car techncially I could carry two (unless I take the carseats out then I could carry 4) but realisticly only 1 as the seat in the middle of the two seats is too narrow for your average adult.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC