Someone tell me I made the right choice!

Jillian

I am totally freaking out! I finally got my Sienna!

It's a 2004 LE with side curtain airbags, leather, DVD, 1 remote sliding door, and all that stuff, with 71k miles. It was $12900.

We were going to keep my 2005 Corolla S (59k miles) but they offered me a great amount for the trade in so I took it! ($7500)

I owe $4950 on the Corolla so $2550 goes toward the van, essentially making it $10350. I've actually LOWERED my car payment and insurance payment. (Around $100/month, even though the van loan is only 48 months and the car loan was 60 months.) :cool:

I'm having a semi anxiety attack about it all, it all happened to quickly! So someone please tell me I made the right choice, that my son will be safer...and I've done all this while SAVING money.

I know I'm going to have to defend myself because I'm young (22) and my parents are going to say I didn't NEED the van :(

ADS

Jillian

Definately, sounds like you've made an awesome choice and gotten a great deal! Enjoy it :)

Thank you so much! I think I'll be picking it up today, they had to detail it! This will make my life so much easier and keep my son safe at the same time! I just hope the gas prices aren't too much of a shock coming from the Corolla :p

luckyclov

My friend had an '04 - I think it was an XLE. They just traded it in. But, you should find confidence in that they beat the CRAP out of that thing, had several fender/bumper taps, backing into objects, and well over 100K miles and it still ran like a champ.:)

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Congrats on the new to you wheels. 6+ trouble free years and counting driving our '05 Sienna, just regular maintenance things like oil changes and replacing the OEM tires and battery on it so far. :love: I do hear you on the fuel economy compared to the Corolla, though, and wish the Sienna was more of a fuel sipper with gas over $4/gallon. :eek: Ours gets about 25-26 mpg for all highway driving (our most recent spring break road trip was 1100 miles round trip, some of it over hilly, mountain region highways) and around 18 mpg in the city.

KelliBella

Congrats! We have the 2004 XLE, and we love it. Even van hating DH. :p I love all of the safety features, and the conveniences built into the Sienna... well, I may never go back.

lynsgirl

Congrats on the new to you wheels. 6+ trouble free years and counting driving our '05 Sienna, just regular maintenance things like oil changes and replacing the OEM tires and battery on it so far. :love: I do hear you on the fuel economy compared to the Corolla, though, and wish the Sienna was more of a fuel sipper with gas over $4/gallon. :eek: Ours gets about 25-26 mpg for all highway driving (our most recent spring break road trip was 1100 miles round trip, some of it over hilly, mountain region highways) and around 18 mpg in the city.

:yeahthatlove: I have the exact same van as Jean and still have great love for it. True, the fuel economy isn't the same as a Corolla, but hey, it's a heavy minivan. Our van has been all over the country, and I don't wish for a different one. Congrats on your "new" van *and* on lowering your car payment!

Jillian

Thanks everyone!

I found a "nick" in the second row driver side seatbelt :thumbsdown:
I'm making them replace it, since that obviously compromises the integrity of the seatbelt.

Quick question,
Do the outboard seats move together if the center seat is removed?

Right now DS is there in his CA :love:

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Bummer about the seatbelt and hoped it's fixed soon for you hassle-free. Is your '04 Sienna an 8-passenger or a 7-passenger model? It's possible to move the second row outboard passenger side vehicle seat closer to the center in the 2004-2010 7-passenger model Siennas, but it's not possible to move either second row outboard seat toward the center in the 8-passenger model.

Rebelnicky04

:thumbsup: Yay you made a good choice. Lowering payments is always good especially when you get something that you need or have really wanted

It's quite possible your insurance payments go slightly down as well. Minivans have incredibly low insurance rates. Honda/Toyota sedans tend to have relatively high rates because there are so many claims due to the vast numbers sold.

Jillian

It's quite possible your insurance payments go slightly down as well. Minivans have incredibly low insurance rates. Honda/Toyota sedans tend to have relatively high rates because there are so many claims due to the vast numbers sold.

Yup, down $10 a month! My premium is a little high due to an accident 12/31/09 (I was 9 months pregnant :( ) Slid on snow and hit a curb in the Corolla.

I've been looking for something bigger/safer since then! (16 months ago, which I think is plenty enought time to ensure I didn't make a rash decision and I'm feeling more and more comfortable with my choice every day.)

I have the 8 passenger. So I can't move the seats. They are replacing that belt, no questions asked. I just don't seat anyone there until the part comes in.

Any other cool nifty things I should know about the van? I found the sliding door opener button on the above console and the button on the first column behind passenger front seat. Anything else?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC