(former) OHS users

Simplysomething

So, the "look what I confiscated" thread up in the car-seat forum had me thinking....
How many of you kept that little bit of cover that went on the shield part of the OHS? I swear, when ds1 was in his, that thing never stayed on, he'd pry it off everytime he was in the seat. By the time I gave it to SIL, I think it might have been gone.

Yes, I know better now. So, am I the only one who had issues with that thing?

ADS

mominabigtruck

I bought one for a friend years ago and was cleaning it was amazed at how hard it was to get off, it was an evenflo. That's why I never understand when I see ohs in parking lots why there isn't a cover on it? I know it doesn't do a whole lot but why would you have just a plain piece of plastic for your kid to smack their head on?

cpsaddict

I had a Century and I never had trouble with that one, but some friends used the Evenflo Ultara and only one side of the cover would stay on. So annoying.
So my answer is yes and no. ;)

Gypsy

Senior Community Member
I had an OHS Alpha Omega (thought it was the safest, best carseat--last I would ever have to buy --- err 4 carseats later), and never had a problem with the cover.

Simplysomething

The one I had was a century.
Thing would not stay on, it was only held on (IIRC) by two plastic pieces.

I saw an OHS seat sitting in front of one of the purple heart donation box thingy today.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I had a century for my 9yo when she was a baby back in 97 and never had any probs with the cover. Although my parents mainly used it because my 9yo lived with them from 18 mos on.

(Funny, or not so funny note, I bought an OHS seat so that she could rest her head on it when she went to sleep. :rolleyes: Then I realized when she was buckled in that her head wouldn't even reach the bar - I had no idea the bar was a safety hazard.)

I had a Century Encore Elite OHS bought back in '99 for Dc#4. I didn't have any trouble with the flap in the 7 yrs. :whistle: we used it, and it was in *constant* use. I washed it a few times a year, plus after icky messes (of which there were plenty), and had to pull hard to pop the prongs out of their holes (not super hard, but not at all easy, if that makes sense) right up to the last time I washed it. :shrug-shoulders:

Yoshi

The one I had in 1990 was easy to take off and put on- I had to clean barf off of it- I imagine they get yucky and some folks may just throw them out if they can't get them clean or off in the first place. My sister had one for my nephew in 1986 and they called it the "crash bar" like it would help protect him in a crash.

momof2kiddos

I had a cosco OHS and I took the sheild cover off once to use and after that it never stayed on:rolleyes:

That is when at 13 months old I thought he was old enough to go into a harnessed generations:eek: :(

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC