Question Sunshine Radian Rearfacing - how far back does it lean?

D

danischmell

I'm wanting to get my daughter the Sunshine Radian, but I'm worried about how far back it leans. We are in a SUV crossover type car and the middle seat doesn't have a ton of room. The cradle car seat newborn type can only fit in the middle seat between the two front seats. I hope this makes sense. Does anyone know how far back the Radian leans when it's rear facing?

ADS

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
It depends on a number of factors, including the seat and seating position, the installation technique(s) used, and to some degree, the weight of the child.

What vehicle do you drive? We have a thread that lists successful (and some unsuccessful) Radian installs that might be helpful -- or someone on here might have the same vehicle and be able to relay their experiences.

(FWIW, generally convertibles can be installed more upright than infant-only seats, and therefore take up less front-to-back room. The Radian, with its quirkiness, is sometimes an exception.)

D

danischmell

I drive a Subaru Tribecca B9 (2006 if that matters).
My husband is 6 foot 1 and usually keeps his seat pretty far back.
I'd love to know if someone else has tried this.
THANKS!

G

guppie

It won't work. That's why I am here....looking for a solution.

We also have a Subaru 2006 Tribeca (not sure which one, but the two row one). We have the adjustable row back as far as possible. Our Radian fit in reverse with a compromise in front row legroom when it was installed in the middle seat.

However, we now have two kids and our youngest is too big for the bucket seat. So now we have 2 radians. One that is forward facing (behind the driver) and one that is rear facing (behind the passenger).

I am 5'4" and my husband is 6'1". NEITHER of us can fit into the passenger seat without discomfort. Actually my husband can't fit in the front at all.

So I am actually on this list to try to find a solution. I felt compelled to answer because this is our *exact* experience.

We are talking about getting a bigger car. HTH.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC