Help Me Pick a Different One (Radian didn't work!)

catbulo

So I got my brand new Radian XTSL today...

The LATCH installed super easy. Not difficult at all, easier than my old Graco Comfort Sport. The problem? That darn recline. With a flat seat there was absolutely no way to get it more upright, even with all the tricks I'd read about on here. I really wanted it to work because it was such a nice seat. It just wasn't going to happen.

I'm sending it back for a refund and I need to get another seat ASAP. She's already outgrown the Graco. I want to keep her RF as long as possible. She's currently 34 lbs and 36 inches tall with a 14 inch bottom-to-shoulder measurement (a long torso for sure), and almost 3 years old.

From this site's list of extended RF models that are at least 40 lbs (http://www.car-safety.org/rearface.html) here are the contenders:

Britax Marathon 70/Boulevard 70/Advocate 70 CS (40 lbs.)
Safety 1st Complete Air (40 lbs.)
Graco MyRide 65 (40 lbs)
Evenflo Triumph 65 (40 lbs.)
Evenflo Momentum 65 (40 lbs.)

So, which one overall will last the longest and install decently easily? The back seat reclines a bit, which gives her a little more legroom RF, so that helps. She is really quite tall and long-torsoed for her age.

ADS

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
If she has outgrown the ComfortSport -- she definitely has RFing and probably has FFing -- you need to choose a seat that you can get before you take her out in the car again. That would probably be a Triumph, a Momentum, or a Complete Air.

catbulo

The complete air is going to be the next tallest shell...I would go to a bru and try it first though

I tried and they wouldn't let me take it out to the car. :(

It's that tilt angle that killed the Radian. Is that a problem with other models, too? Or do the others have the option for a more upright install?

linneabw

I would go with the complete air next. It had a crazy upright install in my van that has pretty angeled seats. I get a perfect install with the radian. I wanted to love the CA, but it just didn't work for my van.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC