Couple questions

Courtney

We're due with #3 this summer and have 3.5 dd in a Nauti and a 15 month ds in a rf True Fit, he just outgrew his Maxi Cosi Priori by height. I have asked this question here, but did it as an "unregistered guest" and now can't find it/remember what it said. We drive a 2004 Mountaineer, both kids are outboard and would really like to find a seat for baby ds that would fit 3 across in the middle row. We tried the Priori and our extra Scenera but couldn't get it past the Nauti cup holder. Now, we didn't try hard, just tried to see if it would go in between after both seats were already installed. Most of the time we'll have two older kids in the back row, but would like to be able to do 3 across sometimes. I was thinking of an OnBoard for baby ds, but am totally open to a different seat. If another bucket then something cheap, but if there is a convertible that will fit I would be willing to spend more. We have big babies, and they grow fast so I don't see baby being in the bucket for more than 6 months.

DH just got our 2nd car fixed, 1990 Volvo 4 door sedan, 760 I think? We we're thinking we could use the Priori ff for dd and then the scenera rf for ds, but dd is way too tall for the priori and I think will soon be too tall for the Scenera. Her head is at the top now. These seats will be very rarely used, so I don't want to spend alot. What would you recommend for dd to use as a back up?

One more-we recently moved from Phoenix AZ, and I'm worried that the Nauti and Priori are somehow damaged by the extreme heat in the summer. Our car was always parked outside, under a shade usually but not in a garage. Does extreme heat damage the plastic or foam? It gets 100+ degrees for months at a time outside and who knows how hot inside a closed up sitting car.

Thanks so much!

ADS

mylittlet

Senior Community Member
What does DD weigh? If under 50#, I would recommend the evenflo meastro. It harnesses to 50# and turns into a hbb. It is only $80.

The meastro might also work better when you do want to do 3 across. It is narrower then the nautilus.

mylittlet

Senior Community Member
I had to go earlier. My favorite infant seats are the onboard, snugride35, keyfit30.

I can't search it, but there is a 3 across thread. When you find it search Mountineer and explorer (I think they are pretty similar).

Stefanie - CPStech in Iowa

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC