Just recieved our ProRide today!

PunkyMonkey

I know this isn't a top picked car seat because they have a lower RF weight limit and you can buy a better, longer lasting seat for the price but I have to say.. this was the EASIEST car seat I've ever installed in my life. Granted I do have LATCH, and I read the entire manual cover to cover before I even touched the seat. I have a regular 4 door sedan, a '06 Acura TL and when I saw the box sitting outside my door I thought OH MY that is not going to fit in my car but it fits like a glove! I did have to use a rolled up towel, but I figured that I would given the angle of my seats so I brought one out there to start with.
217300_10150226736425269_612315268_9255658_6350400_n.jpg

208411_10150226737330269_612315268_9255662_7918611_n.jpg

I have it temporarily behind the driver's seat, I will move it behind the passenger seat, I just didn't want to uninstall my perfectly installed SnugRide base until I knew the Recaro was a solid fit for my car. I didn't even have to move my seat at all and I sit comfortably far back and I'm 5'6", DH uses same seat settings as I do and he's 5'11".

I am posting this because I was searching forever online to find pictures of a Recaro ProRide rear facing in an Acura TL or even a similar sized vehicle because a lot of the reviews said this seat was massive and I found only ONE picture and it was a car that was bigger than mine so I was still anticipating having to return it!

My daughter HATEDDDD the SnugRide... she cried every time, the whole ride. I would have to pull over and take her out for a few minutes because she would cry so hard she'd start coughing. Well, I took Madison for a ride just down the street to CVS after her afternoon nap today and in the car for 2 minutes she fell asleep on the way there and on the way back! I felt bad for having to wake her up to take her in and out now but anything to make her happy in the car. She didnt cry when we were trying it out in the living room either! She just tried to eat the chest clips and happily drooled all over it!
208213_10150226792075269_612315268_9255941_448536_n.jpg

207225_10150226738140269_612315268_9255665_1449251_n.jpg

207015_10150226738775269_612315268_9255672_6496742_n.jpg

I will say, I can see why some people don't recommend this seat, she is only 15 pounds and some change and look how big she is in this -- and that's without the infant insert you can request. Her feet are already to the edge of the seat and her shoulders almost fill the width of it! We will have to buy a Radian or a TF somewhere down the road because I think she will be a big girl and I want to RF as long as possible!!!

ADS

Kat_Momof3

I'm glad she's so happy! the pic of her in the car looks like the straps might be a bit loose, so check that of course, but otherwise... great job!

djma

We LOVE our's - we had the signo before and Recaro replaced it with a proride.

I will say that my DD is on the small side, 20lbs at 20 months, and her length is in her torso. She fits very well! But if I had a bigger baby with long legs...I would be rethinking this seat.

But we love our's! And your DD is a cutie and looks like she enjoys her's too! :love:

abigaylebelle

Cute! My ds loves his signo g2. I have no complaints about it, ds always sleeps great and looks so comfy in it. He still fits rf in it at 4 so it's been worth it for us.

PunkyMonkey

Ohh thank you Kat yes they definitely are.. I had loosened them to take her out of the seat when I remembered to snap a picture (I always forget to take pictures) of the "outcome" lol sorry about that thanks for the advice though... I see loose straps sooo often, I have OCD about it.

Thanks for all the comments, we went for another longer drive tonight and she loved it! Didn't fall asleep but I heard happy coos the whole time!!! I hope ours lasts us RF until 4, that would be awesome!

I got a discount on it too, $244 shipped to my door! We are very happy so far! Thanks for reading! :))))

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC