Britax Parkways in Town and Country van...

katieskrew

Anyone know if I can get two Parkways and still have an empty seat in the third row of my Town and Country?? I have two bench seats. Right now I have one Parkway and a Marathon in the back. There is only one latch on the back bench and it is in the middle so only the Marathon and Parkway fit back there now. I would really like to have room for another person.

ADS

luckyclov

What year T&C?

Chrysler redesigned their minivans in '08, so the middle spot on those have a lap/shoulder belt and headrest.
That said, I used to have an '09 Grand Caravan. I could fit 2 PWs/PWSGs in the outboard spots and still have room for a seatbelted child to average sided adult in the middle. I never tried, but I'm nearly positive 2 right next to eachother wouldn't work.

katieskrew

What year T&C?

Chrysler redesigned their minivans in '08, so the middle spot on those have a lap/shoulder belt and headrest.
That said, I used to have an '09 Grand Caravan. I could fit 2 PWs/PWSGs in the outboard spots and still have room for a seatbelted child to average sided adult in the middle. I never tried, but I'm nearly positive 2 right next to eachother wouldn't work.

Sorry forgot to add the year...it's an '09.

Does the old style Parkway take up more room?? Right now my DS is in the Old Parkway with my DD's Marathon next to it.....then in the front bench is the other twins Marathon and my youngest DD's Marathon. I'm thinking if I get two new Parkways and they take up less room I could put the new ones in the back. I just hate to order them if they aren't going to fit the way I want them too.

luckyclov

I no longer have my old style PWs, but I don't think they're any wider than the PWSGs. In fact, I think they may have been a smidge narrower, taking up less room. But because it sort of curves out towards the edge (where the legs hang), it can be difficult to get them side-by-side in a tight space. The reason you have no room in your 3rd row with a PW and MA is because, I assume, you're using the lower anchors to install the Marathon. Because the LATCH is off-center, when you use it, you totally lose the driver side outboard spot.

You could install the MA outboard with the seatbelt and have the PW in the other outboard spot and then probably still have the center open for a seatbelted occupant (not a large one, however).

Who would be going in the other PW?

ETA: Are your kids older than stated in your siggy? Putting 4-year olds in a booster wouldn't be my first choice, especially in a primary vehicle. The PWSG (old style Parkways aren't in production anymore) have a 40 lb weight minimum as well.

katieskrew

I no longer have my old style PWs, but I don't think they're any wider than the PWSGs. In fact, I think they may have been a smidge narrower, taking up less room. But because it sort of curves out towards the edge (where the legs hang), it can be difficult to get them side-by-side in a tight space. The reason you have no room in your 3rd row with a PW and MA is because, I assume, you're using the lower anchors to install the Marathon. Because the LATCH is off-center, when you use it, you totally lose the driver side outboard spot.

You could install the MA outboard with the seatbelt and have the PW in the other outboard spot and then probably still have the center open for a seatbelted occupant (not a large one, however).

Who would be going in the other PW?

ETA: Are your kids older than stated in your siggy? Putting 4-year olds in a booster wouldn't be my first choice, especially in a primary vehicle. The PWSG (old style Parkways aren't in production anymore) have a 40 lb weight minimum as well.

Actually the twins are 5 now. I still didn't want to move them out of the MA's...but I needed another seat open. Next school year I will be bringing a neighbor home from school. I don't know why I never thought of installing the MA with the seatbelt. Thank you soooo much!! :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC