Old or new RSTV for 35 pound 5 year old?

kphil

I'm keep reading allusions to the sizing on the RSTV being a bit big, and not always fitting kids on the small end of the size range. I'm looking for one for my 5yo ds, who is 35 pounds and I can't remember how tall, but he is quite short for his age. Am I going to have trouble with it fitting him? Does it matter if it's old or new version? Any ideas where to best buy one?? It's just for a 4 day trip, so I wish I could find someone reputable to buy a used one from!

ADS

Dillipop

I can't remember which one was better for smaller kids. Bumping it up for you, so that someone who has experience with both might be able to help.

rachelandtyke

I am pretty sure it is the new one that fits the smaller kids better. I was looking at a used old style one, but ended up not getting it because I was concerned it wouldn't fit my DD.

StPaulMom

The new one.
My DD is 5.5 and also about 35 lbs. She's got a little bit of wiggle room in the chest, but the fit is good enough that I'm comfortable with her using it. And, she loves it :)

kphil

Thanks. I was going to order one from Elite Car Seats, so I could have return insurance in case it doesn't fit, but it looks like they might be selling the old one? It looks like the new one, but everything says 35-60 pounds. Has anyone ordered one from there lately? Was it the old or the new?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC