Which seat for grandparents?

chambom

Dd just turned 3 and is still rf. She is 30 pounds and 36 inches. I want to get a seat for my parents car without spending much over $100. I thought I would get a scenera, but I don't think she will fit comfortably rf- head is almost too high and leg room.

Should I let her ride ff with them? I love both our tf and ca, but don't want to spend that much for an occasional seat.

Any suggestions?

ADS

bree

Car-Seat.Org Ambassador
Sometimes, you can find the My Ride for about $120 if you hunt around for deals. I know it's a little above the price range, but I think it's probably a good choice if the Scenera is too short.

If you are going to forward face, the Evenflo Maestro can be found for about $80. It has 18 inch top slots and a 50 pound weight limit. It's a combination seat, but it won't last long in booster mode once the harness is outgrown. So even though you'll need to buy a booster in a few years, I think it's still a great seat for the price.

chambom

Re: Which seat for grandparents?- alpha omega?

Yep, the myride does look good- it is 129 at target right now.

What about an alpha omega?

albeebaby-
http://www.albeebaby.com/cosco-alpha-omega-elite-hmr.html

amazon-
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0043D2A9O/ref=s9_simh_gw_p75_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=1FDZ18CZ5YANZN9H994B&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938631&pf_rd_i=507846"]Amazon.com: Safety 1st Alpha Omega Elite 3 in 1 Convertible Car Seat, Lamont: Baby[/ame]

What is the difference between the two? Aren't cosco and safety 1st both dorel? Amyone use an alpha omega for erf?

bree

Car-Seat.Org Ambassador
Re: Which seat for grandparents?- alpha omega?

Yep, the myride does look good- it is 129 at target right now.

What about an alpha omega?

albeebaby-
http://www.albeebaby.com/cosco-alpha-omega-elite-hmr.html

amazon-
Amazon.com: Safety 1st Alpha Omega Elite 3 in 1 Convertible Car Seat, Lamont: Baby

What is the difference between the two? Aren't cosco and safety 1st both dorel? Amyone use an alpha omega for erf?

I'm not really sure what the difference between those 2 seats are, but I figured I'd bump the thread back up for someone else to help. Safety 1st and Cosco are both Dorel, and the seats look like their regular 3-in-1 models to me. Based on the description on Amazon and the price on Albeebaby, I'd assume they are both the older 40 pound forward-facing limit models. They make okay rear-facing seats that rear-face to 35 pounds, I believe, but I don't know how they compare in shell height to a Scenera. They are outgrown very young forward-facing, because the top slot is not actually allowed to be used in harness mode on the 40 pound model, and then later, the booster mode tends to be awful in terms of fitting the seatbelt on the child.

mylittlet

Senior Community Member
Can't tell on the first one, but the 2nd one is an older model. Rf to 35# and ff to 40#. Does good rf, outgrown way to early ff and an awful booster.

If you want to stay under $100 and rf, check out the onside air. I think the back is taller then the scerena.

Stefanie, cpst in iowa - mom to 4 great kids

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC