2 booster questions

Dillipop

I was reading that the SK Monterey allows borrowing of latch anchors because it is for convenience, not actually holding the child in, whereas the other SK seats do not. My car, an 05 Elantra, does not allow borrowing of the latch anchors for a car seat install. However, when it came out, there weren't latchable boosters. Has anyone come across anything that would allow a booster to be latched onto borrowed latch anchors when the car normally wouldn't allow it for a full restraint?

Also, what would you choose for an almost 8 year old for a 7 hour trip- middle in a no back booster, with brother on one side in ffing radian, sister on other side in what ever seat we can fit rfing or outboard in HBB with sister in companion and brother in ffing radian? The only booster I have that may fit in the center is the FPSVD booster and I don't know it it will fit next to a ffing radian with the back on. A backless monterey might also work. (This would be in the 05 Elantra above.)

ADS

Dillipop

Nobody has any thoughts on this?

There was a poster, I can't remember who, that had a latched booster in the middle of their Honda. Does Honda allow borrowing? Would this fall under parental decision, since latch wouldn't be restraining the child?

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Technically Honda doesn't recommend LATCHing a booster at all per the current 2011 edition of the LATCH manual, nor does Honda allow borrowing to do center LATCH installations, and Hyundai didn't provide a statement on LATCHing a booster at all, nor allowing borrowing, so it's a two-fold parental decision to do so in absence of an official okay from the vehicle manufacturer. :eek: If you do opt to do it, LATCHing a LATCHable belt positioning booster even in a dedicated LATCH seating position in the vehicle can also interfere with properly buckling the vehicle seatbelt depending on how the seatbelt buckle stalk is positioned relative to the lower LATCH anchor. :eek: I can't use a flexible or rigid LATCHable booster in the third row center's dedicated LATCH location in our '05 Sienna, for example, due to the way the lower LATCH anchors are offset toward the driver's side relative to the seatbelt buckle stalk.

Dillipop

Technically Honda doesn't recommend LATCHing a booster at all per the current 2011 edition of the LATCH manual, nor does Honda allow borrowing to do center LATCH installations, and Hyundai didn't provide a statement on LATCHing a booster at all, nor allowing borrowing, so it's a two-fold parental decision to do so in absence of an official okay from the vehicle manufacturer. :eek: If you do opt to do it, LATCHing a LATCHable belt positioning booster even in a dedicated LATCH seating position in the vehicle can also interfere with properly buckling the vehicle seatbelt depending on how the seatbelt buckle stalk is positioned relative to the lower LATCH anchor. :eek: I can't use a flexible or rigid LATCHable booster in the third row center's dedicated LATCH location in our '05 Sienna, for example, due to the way the lower LATCH anchors are offset toward the driver's side relative to the seatbelt buckle stalk.

Thank you! I didn't even think about not being able to use the belts if I latched in the booster. It is likely that the latch belts for the monterey would cross the belts for both outboard seats. So, for me, I guess it's a moot point.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC