swedish seat choice?

ADS

icnee

I chose the Multi Tech. Cause I think it has the Highest shell height 25" and they can stay in the Sweadish seats until the tops of their ears are at the top of th shell.

What I dont like is that the seat cover is not padded at all and DD2 and 3's bumbs will start to hurt after about an hour in the van, it is very heavy. And some kids shoulders may hit the belt guids for booster mode before they are actually too tall for the seat. I personally will never be using this seat as a booster.

I have had it for 2 years it has allowed my 5yr 4mo DD2 t o stay Rfing ( now by her choice) and it will ensure that my younger 2 stay Rear facing until they are at least 5 or 6 as well.

Over all I love my MT and I a very glad that I bought it.

If I had the money I would buy one or 2 more of them it installs way easier then any of my other seats that I have ever had.

zoecoltsmama

Thanks icnee, do the head wings on the MT prevent the seat being used till the ears are at the edge of the top? sort of like the true fit vrs xtsl thing? or am i wrong about this.

newyorkDOC

I chose the TWE based on:
DD's stats (90% for height, 50% for weight)
Price considering neither are ISOFIX
Weight of seat - wanted a lighter seat in case I ever decide to use it FF (subsequently realized this is unlikely though)

I never considered the padding issue but DD is in CDs so she probably wouldn't complain about it at the moment. I don't consider it thickly padded though (but can only compare to my US seat which is an avenue).

I'd like to try a MT one day. Sometimes I wonder if DD would like it more bc of the headwings.

Adventuredad

icnee: Thanks for the feedback about the lack of padding. Good to know. It's not something we hear often.

When children are rear facing in MT they hit the shoulders in the head support before tip of ears are at top of seat shell. I would not see this as a weakness though since it happens at such a late age. Multi Tech will normally keep children rear facing until age 5-6 and a height of 125 cm (51 inches). That's really long rear facing time:)

TWE will keep kids rear facing slightly longer, an inch or two more.

- Hi-Way and DuoLogic are the two most compact seats. Rf to around 4-4.5 years and a height of 110 cm (51 inches)

- Maxi Cosi Mobi has the best sleep/recline position which is also adjustable while driving. The seat is very comfortable since seat cushion is short just like HW and DuoLogic

- Multi Tech and TWE allow longer rear facing time than any other seat. Normally to 5-6 years and a height of 125 cm (51 inches).

twinsmom

I chose Multi Techs and I have to say I loved everything about that seat. My kids seemed so cradled and protected in them.

Leche Mami

We have *ahem* a Swedish car seat addiction. We started with a Britax FixWay ISOFIX seat back in 2005 that RF to 40 lbs when there weren't seats on the market in the US that RF that long. I wouldn't buy a 40 lb Swedish seat now but we still love the seat. We also have since acquired MT and a TWE which we bought in Sweden when visiting. I like them both for different reasons and feel you really just can't go wrong with either purchase. I think of the difference between them similar to the difference between a Marathon and a Boulevard. The TWE is a lightweight no frills seat. No foot prop (your car must allow bracing against seat in front or dash with airbag disabled). No head wings. Buckle is a little funky and takes some getting used to.

MT is heavy and has foot prop plus head wings. I really like the shoulder straps on the MT but not so much on the TWE. The buckle is quite easy for a child to unbuckle. In our case that is good but it wouldn't be so good for a younger child with less impulse control. It might work to put velcro on the buckle though if it was an issue.

I'll have to ask my five year old which he likes better. He is a RF devotee. LOVES it!

hovik

I'd highly recommend Akta Graco DuoLogic 2. We moved from Norway to US last year, and brought the DuoLogic with us. It's currently used in our Odyssey. It's the sturdiest seat we've ever used, and comfy for 3 month to 4 year olds. Other seats RF we've used are ( 1year+) :
- Akta Graco Cosmic Comfort S
- BeSafe Izi Combi Isofix
- Graco MyRide 65

We're currently looking into how to import Akta Graco BeLogic ( http://www.gracobaby.se/sv_SE/product/8R99/MNR/ ), as our youngest need the DuoLogic in a few months.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC