Question Stroller people can you help think this over.

Kegracin

I have a 14m old and a 26m old. Right now I have a Mountain Buggy Double I love it but I'm thinking that my LO's don't love it because of the way it sucks them back. So I'm thinking about replacing it. I'm just no sure with what? Can you ladies help?

I was thinking about the Baby City Jogger Mini it looks like they would sit more upright and it would actually fit in my Yukon unlike the MB. I loved the fold it was awesome, I wish I would have had a child with me to see how they sat in it.

My other thing is it needs to be something that is going to handle long walks every day. So I'm torn can I go with something that has wheels like the Mini or do I need something with bigger wheels.

Any one have an ideas?

Thanks

ADS

poohbear

The city mini is great for the car and malls, but it does not have air tires, so I would not recommend it if you are looking for something that will handle your regular daily walks.

You may want to look at the Baby Jogger City Elite Double - it has air tires (like your MB) but folds more compactly like the city mini. It also will sit more upright. You can also check out the Bumbleride Indie Twin - that sits fairly upright. If you have a Buy Buy Baby near you, they stock both.

Rosey

My City Mini single handles well on our long walks, but we go on sidewalks and the asphault of our street. No real off-roading. It handled well on grass and gravel at the zoo. If I were doing more than walking, I would want air tires though.

Kegracin

My City Mini single handles well on our long walks, but we go on sidewalks and the asphault of our street. No real off-roading. It handled well on grass and gravel at the zoo. If I were doing more than walking, I would want air tires though.

I'm just doing sidewalks, I walk my 8yr old to school when its nice and next year they cut funding so we have no choice to walk. Its about 2miles round trip unless we hit the park and then its a farther...

Ugh I wish they where not so expensive that's why I started looking at the mini. Does any one know anything about the summit 360 they have it at albeebaby for a nicer price then the city elite. (I'm hoping I can just find a elite on craigslist)

Rosey

My dream would be if you could pop air tires on the mini for the rare occassions I need them. I love the smaller tires for the car, mall, and 90% of the time. It would be nice to have a second set of wheels for the other 10%.

Kegracin

My dream would be if you could pop air tires on the mini for the rare occassions I need them. I love the smaller tires for the car, mall, and 90% of the time. It would be nice to have a second set of wheels for the other 10%.

That would be awesome!

Meg

I was thinking about the Baby City Jogger Mini it looks like they would sit more upright and it would actually fit in my Yukon unlike the MB.

My son hates the BJCM because of how reclined it is. I LOVE the stroller, but I'm currently stroller shopping to find something else now. If you want a stroller that is pretty upright, I'd skip it.

Kegracin

My son hates the BJCM because of how reclined it is. I LOVE the stroller, but I'm currently stroller shopping to find something else now. If you want a stroller that is pretty upright, I'd skip it.

Ugh who knew stroller shopping was so difficult. I guess I should make a trip to the city before I order anything online.

Meg

Ugh who knew stroller shopping was so difficult. I guess I should make a trip to the city before I order anything online.

I think our kids need to just stop being picky and having opinions about these things. ;) The newer 2011 BJCM models have a board in them that make them a bit more upright, so maybe it will work for you afterall.

scape1224

I have a BJCM and just got a BJCMD it has worked great for walks. We just use it again though on paved roads, gravel at the ball field, grass, etc. No extreme off roading.

Neither of my kids have an issue riding in it.

erikanohelani

Meg said:

You can buy a PE board for the older models, but the newer ones have it and sit more upright. I bought the board for my son's BJCMini and it definitely provides more back support and fixes the recline issue.

Laurelz

I've owned a lot of strollers... A LOT!... but I recently bought a BJCE and I LOVE it! It's buy far the best purchase ever as far as strollers goes! I have the single, not the double, but it suits our needs perfectly. My ODS (2.5y)doesn't like to ride, so I'm in the market now for the glider attachment that goes with it so he can stand if he's too tired. I was debating on the mini or the elite, but I also like the larger weight limit on the elite since I have stocky boys. I go on walks a lot outside so I liked the idea of the bigger/air tires for me. I used it in the mall the other day and it was great...no complaints here. :D

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC