That is IT. I hate the Recaro Signo

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I am getting the car ready for M-5, L-3 and C- 9 M. I decided to take the KF out and try the Signo for C. First I put the Radian center RF for L. uber easy upright install. The I work on the Signo. The latch straps would not loosen. Gabe ended up pushing the button with BOTH hands, as I was pulling until I was shaking. We finally got them loose enough. If it weren't for the smooth adjuster, I swear this seat would already have a new home.

Trying the seat out on Wednesday! Wish me luck. :rolleyes:

ADS

djma

We have the exact same problem..........................but it's still my favorite seat. :eek: I love it! :love:

firemomof3

I did this last year and my signo was only 18mo. old. It got to the point where I could not lengthen the latch connector strap at all. It was totally stuck :mad:

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Why don't you just use seatbelt if the LATCH is such a PITA?

Because my light weight locking latch plate is broken, so I like using latch in my outboard positions. Really, the thing should just work! :thumbsdown:

Pixels

Because my light weight locking latch plate is broken, so I like using latch in my outboard positions. Really, the thing should just work! :thumbsdown:

Okay, that makes sense. Yes, I agree it should work the way it's supposed to work. Just wondering why you didn't use the other.

cpsaddict

Ahhh, yes, remember trying to get the darn thing in my Escape!? It took both of us trying to loosen it. The smooth harness adjuster was the only thing I liked about that seat.

mykidsmom

I have the same problem with the latch and tether straps on my Signo. Almost impossible to loosen.

Think they would replace it with a G2 even though my Signo is pretty old (I think from 2007)

Is it a common Signo problem? Doesn't seem to be an issue with my Como but I've only had to reinstall it a total of about 5 times.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Mine is older. I have heard of newer ones doing the same though.

Just got tires put on today. Love my tire people. He picks up my car from work. Just dropped it back off. They washed it and cleaned the inside very nicely. Dang it if they moved the car seats. Guess what I get to do tonight. The signo is bolt upright and the radian is at 45 degrees!

Pixels

They "reinstalled" your seats? I'd rather they took them out and made it obvious that they were not installed. Like laid them on the seat sideways, upside down, anything other than functional.

Okay, so I'm curious. Are the seats tight, less than an inch of movement?

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Ok, the recaro is the way I left it. The radian is more reclined than I have ever done it in the Malibu. Both are tight. I wonder if they just pushed it. I will redo tonight. Move the good for nothing signo to the center.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC