Kolcraft Contours Tandem?

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
Anyone seen it or seen any reviews on it? We have to get a new stroller and I thought this one looked great, but I'm tired of buying online and not getting to see it first. DH will kill me if I get another new stroller and sell it 6 mos later (AGAIN!).

ADS

The Bjorns

The Options one that allows you to change the seating configurations? I gave it a mini test drive. I have a GF with twins (one large and one small) who really likes it. It was very, very simple to change the seating positions. When I had the two seats facing each other it seemed really cramped for legroom. Also the seats seemd just a little wiggly after I popped them in place. Not wiggly bad, but not rock solid like a fixed position seat. I didn't drive it very much around the store as DH just kept saying it was too long. I didn't think it was any longer than any of the other doubles. DH just couldn't imagine himself pushing any large "beast" of a stroller. What I liked was when both seats were facing forward, there seemed to be plenty of viewing space for the back passenger. So many doubles look very cramped with the canopies taking up all the room. This had an airy look. Does that make sense?

HTH!

mominabigtruck

I looked at that one when deciding which double stroller to get. Honestly, I probably would have gone with it if the quattro tour duo hadn't come out about the time I started looking. My oldest wanted it because the seats can face each other. It looks like a really nice stroller but I heard that it was monsterously heavy and huge when folded. If you get it from walmart, which they seemed to have the best price on it anyways when I was looking, you can get it shipped to the store for free and if you don't like it they have a great return policy on stuff like that as long as you keep your receipt.

mommy2env

I also took it for a test drive, but the seats looked small. I didnt like the fact that the seats dont recline enough to accomodate an infant. I bought the new graco tour duo. I really like that one, it is soooo sturdy, and heavy:rolleyes:

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I sold the single version last year at my work. I liked the way the sit switched, but the seat is too short, no way a 40 lb. child will fit height wise.

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
I got mine a few wks ago and I love it. So far it's been the best double I've had and Evan loves to be able to sit and see Ilana. lol Thankfully I have 2 tiny kiddos b/c the seats and canopies are short, but AJ can still fit not too bad, but he never rides in it. I love the versatility I have w/ it. It is long and took some learning to drive it, but it doesn't fold any worse than any other stroller I've had.

Sweetsea

I purchased this stroller about seven weeks ago and I really like it. My youngest is 6 months and I use his Graco Snugride carseat in the position closest to the handle. My 2 3/4 year old sits in the front seat facing forward. If you are using an infant car seat, the front rider must face forward. Soon the baby will be out of his carseat, then I will put them face to face half of the time. The storage basket is HUGE.

This week I took this stroller to Yosemite National Park. We loaded the two boys in it and strolled them up paved and upaved hiking paths to waterfalls. It was very easy to push, steer, and turn. I had zero problems with it.

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
Not that we do it often (just to run into work), but we use the infant seat in the back and front seat facing the infant seat and it works fine. Wouldn't make a fun trip to the zoo, but running in and out of work it's fine.

werforpsu

does everyone who has had this stroller for a while now like it still? i am thinking of this one and woudl love to know how it wears over time...

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
I like mine but I don't use it very often anymore, just for the zoo and such. My kids did take all the screws out of the handlebar which I need to fix, lol. It's held up well though.

Had this stroller - mixed feelings. Seat configurations are great and roomy! Basket is huge and very accessible. Carseat snaps on and off easily. Both seats fully recline when facing same direction. But, it is a beast. To load/unload and manuvere in tight areas like racks of clothing. The seatbacks are low, and the depth of the seats is not great. It all depends on what features are most important. I'd say better for twins than older/younger siblings, as it should last twins to approximately the same age.

werforpsu

thanks for the info. i want to take my 30lb almost 2 year old to a babies r us to try him in it. plus i would love it if an associate could demonstrate the car seat adapter with a graco snugride, just so i can see it. that will be the final test before DS#2 arrives in october.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
The adapter is easy. Take a seat off. You will see to red buttons on the side. Snap adapted on. Set car seat in, strap across top.

Kyras_Mama

We've had ours for nearly 4 months and just adore it. It's so versatile and we've used it on the grass at softball games and out on the gravel trails at the dog park with no trouble. Because the seats and front wheels come off, with it folded down we can get it in our trunk with our quick shade, 2 bag chairs and all my husband's softball gear!

xursusmaritimusx

How is this stroller for age 2-3, around the 28-30-ish lb mark?

its going to depend on the height, more importantly torso height.

there is no growing room in this stroller.

i see it being used everyday at my work and while i love the strollers concept and the versatility it just doesnt fit children past 2-2.5 very well.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC