Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Does anyone plan on buying a First Years Unite/Urban?

I'm carseat shopping again. I don't need to be, but I think we'll be FF my dd soon (she'll be 3.5, hopefully 4, but we'll see).

I really don't know why, but I'm not a fan of the Nautilus. DD of course loves the colors, but I don't love the seat.

Then there's the Frontier 85. She likes Livia and Pink Sky. Will need to try this in my vehicle.

She loves the Hanna ProSport, and that's what I've been leaning towards getting, although, I can't try that one out before buying, so I haven't commited to it yet.

Then I came across the green The First Years Unite.

Does anyone plan on buying this seat? It looks comfy. I don't think we'd need the extra inch that the Frontier offers since dd is around the 60% for height and weight.
    Last edited by TiaxMarie; 03-16-2011 at 01:48 PM.
    Tia- CPST wife to Riki
    Stay at home mama to:
    Sophia 11.29.07 riding in a Britax Parkway SGL
    Alaina 8.21.10 riding in a Britax Frontier 90
    Surro Twins L & E 1.6.13 & Surro Baby #3 Due 11.10.14

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Does anyone plan on buying a First Years Unite?

I'm tempted by it. I just can't decide if I should go with it or another fr85 or something different. It looks comfy, I can't wait to see actual pics of it so hopefully someone will buy it.
    Austin 06/30/08 Tucker 07/30/2010 Elias 11/09/2011
    Brody 03/30/2013 ^Jamie^ 04/01/2015
    Rainbow coming February 2016

Just curious, why do some sites have it called the Unite and others called the Urban?

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/First-Years-Urban-Booster-Elegance/dp/B004K1EOVQ/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1300301188&sr=8-7"]Amazon.com: The First Years Urban BB830 Booster Car Seat, Elegance: Baby[/ame]
    Tia- CPST wife to Riki
    Stay at home mama to:

You want a Prosport in Opal Blue so you can trade me for Hanna *said in my best hypnotic voice*. Kidding, of course! I am really tempted by the Urban/Unite, too. I LOVE my True Fit and it looks like they incorporated a lot of the things that I love about it into this new seat. I can't wait to see reviews. My biggest wonder is about head slump. That headrest just seems to jut SO far out! Maybe it's just that it doesn't have that piece of fabric that comes down like the Frontier or ProSport and you can see that divide more.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Quote Originally Posted by jess71903 View Post
    You want a Prosport in Opal Blue so you can trade me for Hanna *said in my best hypnotic voice*. Kidding, of course! I am really tempted by the Urban/Unite, too. I LOVE my True Fit and it looks like they incorporated a lot of the things that I love about it into this new seat. I can't wait to see reviews. My biggest wonder is about head slump. That headrest just seems to jut SO far out! Maybe it's just that it doesn't have that piece of fabric that comes down like the Frontier or ProSport and you can see that divide more.
    I totally thought of you when DD asked for the Hanna. But I want the Blue Opal for myself, lol. I'm afraid if I get the Blue Opal I'll just love it when it arrives and I wouldn't want to switch with you!

But, the First Years seat looks awesome. We love our True Fit, but my dad bought it and is keeping it hostage in his truck. So, I'm tempted to get this combination seat. Still confused as to why it has 2 names.
    Tia- CPST wife to Riki
    Stay at home mama to:

Senior Community Member tracee877's Avatar

I am planning to get one. I'm hoping to like it better than the FR85. Sucks it doesn't come out till April though.
    Tracee - driving a 2013 Honda Crosstour & Mom to:
    Braydon 19 - driving his own car and now in the Army!
    Ashlee 17 - driving her own car
    Keegan 10 - still in his backless Affix

I'm considering investing in the seat- as in buy it to either resell or return. I have no need of a combo seat. I just have investment money, that will have to be put back. I would have liked the green one, but that's not on sale.
    Christine *mom* to

Dd1 age 17 (seatbelt), Dd2 age 15 (seatbelt), Ds1 age 14 (seatbelt), Dd4 age 12 (Seatbelt), Ds2 age 10 (Probooster), Dd4 age 7 (rstv), and dd5 age 1 (rfing Pria)

Carseat Crazy

I am interested in this seat, but want to wait to see if it comes in other fabrics and how well it fits in booster mode since my 5 yrDD will be booster training soon. I don't "need" the seat until next year, but sure am tempted by the price. I keep telling myself I can wait.
    DD1-Nauti/HBB, 7 yr/44#/47"/15" torso/26" to head
    DS-FF TF/FF MS70 4yr/39"/36#/14 torso/23" to head
    DD2 - RF S4M70 / RF TFP 28 mos/25#/33.5"/11.5" torso/20" to head
    DS2 - SR35, 6 wks/12#/23"

Admin - CPS Technician joolsplus3's Avatar

The O's on the 'Abstract O's' cover are so abstract I can't even see them?

I suspect it'll only have one name when it finally hits shelves next month...Unite seems to make sense for a Combo seat, to me, but what do I know?
    Julie
    CPST since 2003, pu"R"ple since 2008, three kids growing too fast since 1997, 1999 and 2006

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good

I was also thinking about the Unite. Does anyone know the top harness slot height? I'll be moving ds up to the top slots on his GN probably within the next few months
    DD1 10.5y/o seatbelt
    DD2 8y/o 45" 52lbs. backless
    DS 7y/o 51" 58lbs. ProBooster or backless

It's called "Unite" on the first years' web page. I think the harness height is supposed to be 18 inches or so. It's on the blog. http://carseatblog.com/7571/new-from...e-first-years/
    Christine *mom* to

Dd1 age 17 (seatbelt), Dd2 age 15 (seatbelt), Ds1 age 14 (seatbelt), Dd4 age 12 (Seatbelt), Ds2 age 10 (Probooster), Dd4 age 7 (rstv), and dd5 age 1 (rfing Pria)

13. Thank You from:

Senior Community Member TerisBoys's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TiaxMarie View Post
    Just curious, why do some sites have it called the Unite and others called the Urban?
    Quote Originally Posted by joolsplus3 View Post
    The O's on the 'Abstract O's' cover are so abstract I can't even see them?

I suspect it'll only have one name when it finally hits shelves next month...Unite seems to make sense for a Combo seat, to me, but what do I know?
    The First Years site calls it the Unite. I'm guessing Amazon has a typo.

Jools - the O's are [ame="http://www.amazon.com/First-Years-Infant-Seat-Abstract/dp/B004JM8XCC/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1300307190&sr=1-3"]here[/ame], [ame="http://www.amazon.com/First-Years-Travel-System-Abstract/dp/B004K1EOX4/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1300307190&sr=1-4"]here[/ame] and [ame="http://www.amazon.com/First-Years-Ignite-Stroller-Black/dp/B004FN0Z62/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1300307190&sr=1-5"]here[/ame]. Apparently big kids don't get cool prints The B570 Abstract O's is also lacking the O's.

Quote Originally Posted by TerisBoys View Post
    The First Years site calls it the Unite. I'm guessing Amazon has a typo.

Jools - the O's are here, here and here. Apparently big kids don't get cool prints The B570 Abstract O's is also lacking the O's.
    What the heck!?! If you aren't going to actually put any Os on the seat, just call the thing green. Cuz that's what it is. Green.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Quote Originally Posted by christineka View Post
    It's called "Unite" on the first years' web page. I think the harness height is supposed to be 18 inches or so. It's on the blog. http://carseatblog.com/7571/new-from...e-first-years/
    Thanks for the link 18" top slots are decent, but its not going to do me any good I think my option is the Frontier or a Regent if I can find one.
    DD1 10.5y/o seatbelt

bfmarini from Kids N Cribs posted in January that the slot heights would be 12.5", 14.5", 16 3/4", and 19". I'm hoping that maybe he had more updated info than the top slot measurements from the prototype posted about on carseatblog last year, because an extra inch of harness height would be pretty cool.
    DD (9 years old) & DS (6.5 years old)

Quote Originally Posted by bree View Post
    bfmarini from Kids N Cribs posted in January that the slot heights would be 12.5", 14.5", 16 3/4", and 19". I'm hoping that maybe he had more updated info than the top slot measurements from the prototype posted about on carseatblog last year, because an extra inch of harness height would be pretty cool.
    I'm becoming more tempted. I even have the seat in my cart. I wouldn't be keeping it... It would just put my $170 out of commission until either returned or sold. I could order and cancel if I change my mind before it ships... I just want to see it!
    Christine *mom* to

I preordered a Unite in red/black. I sure hope it does have 19" top harness slots I also hope that the harness doesn't get more narrow as the headrest is raised. But we'll see
    DD1 10.5y/o seatbelt

20. Thank You from:

I would love this seat but I would rather wait until someone from here reviews it That will convince me to get one of those or get the Frontier85. Argos70 is probably out since there's saying that the seat harness is the same as Nautilus.
    Tiffany, Mama to my lil ladybug, Kianna, 11/10/13, riding in a Graco 4Ever and Cosco NEXT, TTC#2 who will get either Graco 4Ever or Britax B-Safe35.
    All ride safe in 2015 Chevrolet Trax

I preordered it. It's a good deal and has free return shipping.
    Christine *mom* to

I cannot wait to see reviews... i am totally out of love with the Nauti for DS2
    Maggie - Rollin' hard in my Swagger Wagon with my 3 lil' men all properly restrained