Other seats w/ Britax-style LATCH connectors? Or easy install.

Lees

I did a search and found some threads on easy installs, etc., but they're not really specific enough for my needs.

I need a new seat for a long 11 month old. It needs to have either Britax-style LATCH connectors or an easy but SOLID seatbelt install.

The seat needs to be as foolproof as possible. It's going in the grandparents' car, and they watch the baby every day. They can't figure out tricky installs or tricky harnesses.

Can't use regular LATCH connectors because they can't get them out, and the seat has to come out maybe once or twice a month.

I tried to get a FPSVD RF into a 2010 Accord this morning, but could not get it tight with the seatbelt. It's going to expire in a year anyway. I'm pretty sure the seat WOULD install tight with LATCH if I tried it. But...it's going to expire in a year anyway and then I'll still basically need a new RF seat to be safer.

I have a MA in my van which I could use in their car, but the harness is very tricky to get tight, and I know they won't fiddle with it to get it tight enough. The FPSVD tightens very easily but I cannot get a tight install with the seatbelt.

I considered MyRide or Coccoro but MyRide has regular LATCH, and Coccoro will be outgrown too soon.

So:
1. Long RF time.
2. Easy harness (not sure if all MA's have the tricky harness like mine).
3. Solid install with seatbelt OR has Britax-style LATCH connectors.
4. Just overall as foolproof as possible.
5. Under $350.

ADS

hrice

Evenflo Momentum 65? It has "sure LATCH" which basically installs itself. No rethread harness also.

The Safety First Complete Air 65 has alligator style LATCH connectors and a no re thread harness as well. It is super tall so will last a long time. It is also pretty lightweight.

Pixels

Do all the CA 65s have alligator LATCH? I thought it was only certain trim levels.

In addition to being outgrown too soon, the Coccoro has hook LATCH and is a PAIN to install.

jess71903

Ambassador
The True Fit also has the push-on LATCH connectors, as does the Radian, but I'd never rec the Radian for a grandparent car.

Lees

Thank you so much for all the ideas. I've been reading reviews on all the suggested seats.

I'm also looking at the Evenflo Symphony 65 - looks like the other Evenflo as far as ease of install and use. I've never bought an Evenflo product and I had the idea that they're not very good quality, for some reason.

I only mentioned the Coccoro because on other threads people said they were quick to install with a seatbelt.

jjordan

The new Marathon70's and roundabout55's have better harness adjusters than the original marathon. I'd give those a try and see what you think.

Lees

The new Marathon70's and roundabout55's have better harness adjusters than the original marathon. I'd give those a try and see what you think.

I have read that the CS harnesses are still tough, but I'll have to try out the ones you listed above.

I have both my FPSVD and my 2009 MA in Cowmooflage and I love that so much. Weird that the FPSVD is so easy to adjust but I have to pull so hard and fiddle with the MA. The seats are so similar.

ETA - Ok, I THOUGHT it was going to be the Evenflo, but the straps are not replaceable. So...the first time my baby barfs in her seat, I'll have to buy a new one? That's not good. I'm still thinking.

Last edited:

jjordan

I have read that the CS harnesses are still tough, but I'll have to try out the ones you listed above.

I have both my FPSVD and my 2009 MA in Cowmooflage and I love that so much. Weird that the FPSVD is so easy to adjust but I have to pull so hard and fiddle with the MA. The seats are so similar.

ETA - Ok, I THOUGHT it was going to be the Evenflo, but the straps are not replaceable. So...the first time my baby barfs in her seat, I'll have to buy a new one? That's not good. I'm still thinking.

Definitely skip the CS seats! Any of the other new Britax convertibles should have a nice harness adjuster.

Lees

Hmm, right now I can get an Advocate for less than a Boulevard, too, but it's CS.

I went and looked at the Safety First CA and I didn't really like the fabric on the one at Target.

Anyone know - can you remove and replace the straps on a BV or Advocate?

Chris

I love Britax seats and their original seats (65's) have harnesses listed online, but the newer bv and advocate 70's don't. Not sure if that indicates that you can no longer replace the harnesses or if they are still new enough that they don't have a bunch of "accessories" listed for them yet. Online, the
70's really only have a couple of replacement items, the older seats have like 30 items to choose from, nearly every part of the seat except the shell! I suspect that they have or will have harnesses available, just not online yet.

You could always call them and ask. Their customer service is great!

msuarez919

I had a Recaro ProSport that had the same latch connectors as Britax. I can't speak on behalf of the Recaro ProRide that you would need but I assume like Britax they would use the same latch connectors on all of their seats. SUPER easy latch install.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC