MAD! I can't do my CPST class!

Yoshi

It is scheduled for next week- not only is my husband on Jury Duty :( - my mom said she really can't pick up the 3 extra days DH was going to be home with DD. My daughter is VERY active and busy and my mom does not have the energy or patience for more than a couple hours at a time. If I have an appointment- she's fine with her because they just have fun, but a whole 8-9 hr day is too much- and I don't disagree with her. it's too much for me sometimes. :rolleyes: So I'm not mad at my mom, I'm just disappointed. No one else babysits DD, so that is that. I'm bummed, but I guess I'll wait for the next one!

ADS

becca011906

Senior Community Member
aw that's to bad, darn jury duty! Hopefully you'll get in the next class, i was lucky i got in in feb. thier hasn't been one with in 2.5 hour drive of me since...

Suzibeck

I'm so sorry! Childcare is the only reason I'm not certified yet too. My parents are the same way, they get worn out too quickly. They will sit for one child at a time, but that doesn't help me much since I have 3. I don't blame them at all, they let all of us know before any grandkids came along that they would love special time with each, but they would not be childcare service.

I'm hopeful that in 18 mos to 2 yrs, my oldest will be able to handle a full day with her sisters, but we will have to see how she matures.

JaRylan

Sorry to hear that. My mom looked after Rylan for me for the 2 days that I was taking my class. She went home (3.5 hours away) on the bus today...I imagine she will spend tomorrow sleeping.

Hopefully something works out soon.

Morganthe

DH got called for jury duty a couple of months ago. On the form, there was an exemption box for "caregiver of a minor under 11 years old ". He was upset because he WASN'T picked for jury duty. LOL :)

I was thinking if there was the same exemption for your dh since you wouldn't be available those days :shrug-shoulders:

I know how you feel though... I kind of envy others when they have lots of friends & family to step in when there's child care needs. Even if we lived near my parents, we wouldn't have that. They're too elderly. Heck, even if they were 20 years younger, I don't think they could. :eek: Dh's family -- hmmm, I don't know. Probably for a couple of hours, but definitely not days :eek:

Yoshi

No, in NY they don't care anymore if you are the sole care-giver of a minor child. Even BF, AFAIK doesn't automatically get you out of it. DH got out of it once before the Y2K extravaganza in his IT world it was like "preparing for doomsday" . The rest of the world didn't notice a blip in their lives during the Y2K thing- it was all because people like DH spent months and months working double shifts and weekends patching and fixing all the potential computer problems on every system on earth. :mad: It sucked all around. He was vital to the whole thing and was released from the obligation. Once when I was a single mom with no car, raising my son alone- I was called for Jury duty in Manhattan (Supreme court- 2.5 hrs away, mind you!) I had to fight like crazy to get out of that- not only did I not have a car- the cost of commuting was prohibitive for me- I would have missed college classes, missed work, and had to pay for the train also. What hoops I had to jump through!

Yoshi

I know how you feel though... I kind of envy others when they have lots of friends & family to step in when there's child care needs. Even if we lived near my parents, we wouldn't have that. They're too elderly. Heck, even if they were 20 years younger, I don't think they could. :eek: Dh's family -- hmmm, I don't know. Probably for a couple of hours, but definitely not days :eek:

I know what you mean- my mom used to watch DS for whole days but that was when she was in her early 50's- now she's in her late 60's, and even though she's still active and relatively healthy- she has NO patience. And my DD NEEDS someone with a "patience surplus", LOL!!!!!! I could clone myself, hmmmmm:p

Morganthe

I know what you mean- my mom used to watch DS for whole days but that was when she was in her early 50's- now she's in her late 60's, and even though she's still active and relatively healthy- she has NO patience. And my DD NEEDS someone with a "patience surplus", LOL!!!!!! I could clone myself, hmmmmm:p

I wish I could clone myself sometimes too. I'm not too concerned about that 'patience surplus', but dd will WALK all over you if there's no firmness or consistency. And once that happens, it's all over for any type of authority to get her type A personality under control. And even though my 72 yr old mother handles horses daily, dd's natural physicality would be even more brutal. :eek: DD's getting better as she matures, but she still has her uncontrolled moments.

Everything's all sweetness & light as long as she's the one making the rules :rolleyes:
BTW, I was one of those hoping that everything would die at the stroke of midnight. We had sooooo much more debts than any glimmer of assets at the time. I'd have loved to start out with a fresh slate :p

But I know the credit card companies were the first to cover their backsides :p

Too bad about that whole NY jury policy. :(

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC