News Dorel Recall - Walmart Reiumbursment

Keeks64

Im not sure if this is the right place to post this? I looked through the other forums and didnt see a real " appropriate place" to post it but thought this would be the better place? Sorry if it belongs somewhere else

I just thought I would share , that Walmart ( at least in Canada not sure about US) will take back recalled Dorel Seats and give you either money back with a recipet , or a giftcard for whatever the last price in their system is.

I had an older AOE ( 09/09) and it had gone down to a clearance price of $49 in their system , so I just bought a Scenera since the AOE was our backup seat.:D

I really didnt feel comfortable given the "fix" provided by Dorel so I was really impressed to hear Walmart was taking them back :)

Our Walmart had a recall book and they just matched our model # and man date to their list and we were on our way :D:thumbsup:

ADS

Lizzy

what dorel seats have a recall? is there a list somewhere?

Cheers :)

and wow, well done walmart :thumbsup:

thanks for sharing :cool:

Keeks64

Zellers might also do the reiumbursment if you tell them Walmart is - probably easier to do with a recipet at Zellers but ya never know.

As far as Walmart knowing wether or not its "their" seat im not sure , I know our Zellers for instance carries the Black/Hot Pink AOE , but our Walmart never did ...so something like that may be an issue.

Worse case senario take it back to Walmart and just act like you didnt know it wasnt bought there if they say something....Good Luck:thumbsup:

Chila88

When the BPA recall happened a few years ago in baby bottles, Zellers was taking bottles back, whether you purchased them there or not, and giving gift cards in return.

So its possible WalMart doesn't care whether you bought it there or not....Zellers didn't in this case.

And on the other side of things....Zellers did this with bottles....its possible they're doing it with carseats?!?! :twocents:

Pixelated

Moderator - CPST Instructor
After seeing this thread I suggested to my sister that she do the same...and after much trying to talk to someone who had half a clue what she was talking about...got a FULL cash refund (even though she hadn't bought the seat there three years ago, and they knew that) for $169 plus tax!!!! And then since they didn't have any Nautilus seats in stock, took her money to Canadian Tire down the street who had the only one in town. Wow. This was in Ontario. Apparently it's their policy to give a refund for things that are recalled. Good on them.

jbarro

Boo! I tried to return mine at the Dartmouth, NS Walmart today and the manager refused. He directed me to the info about obtaining the repair kit instead. And I was so psyched about choosing a new seat::thumbsdown:

canadiangie

Boo! I tried to return mine at the Dartmouth, NS Walmart today and the manager refused. He directed me to the info about obtaining the repair kit instead. And I was so psyched about choosing a new seat::thumbsdown:

That seems silly. I'd go back and try again. And I'd get mad.

Keeks64

I would call and DEMAND a supervisor or general manager and explain EVERY other Walmart & Zellers is doing the refund - your seat is within the recall period and you DO NOT feel safe using the manufactuers "quick fix"....If they dont , I would just try another Walmart , or even a Zellers if you have one close. Perhaps that manager just doesnt know whats going on? Tell them to check their recall book because they have the information they will more than likely just need to find a UPS if you dont have your reciept.

U

Unregistered

They replaced my Eddie Bauer last night with a complete Air and although I feel like It's what Dorel should have done in the first place I feel like a Stole something LOL

U

Unregistered

Re: Dorel Recall - Zellers Reiumbursment

Zellers really didn't want to take the seat back- but they did, and offered me the lowest price they had on sale in the last 12 months- 99.97 on a gift card, which i used towards a new firstyears tru-fit which is on sale for 159.97
really like the truefit- 5pt harness to 65 lbs, and it just looks so much more comfortable- also the side impact protection is a nice bonus!

jbarro

Unregistered said:
Zellers really didn't want to take the seat back- but they did, and offered me the lowest price they had on sale in the last 12 months- 99.97 on a gift card, which i used towards a new firstyears tru-fit which is on sale for 159.97
really like the truefit- 5pt harness to 65 lbs, and it just looks so much more comfortable- also the side impact protection is a nice bonus!

Which one? I've tried the Cole Harbour Zellers and the Dartmouth Walmart without luck. Maybe if I go somewhere That's already returned one I'd have a better chance.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC