In Search Of Nintendo DS Lite

TerisBoys

Josh's most prized possession is his DS Lite that he bought with his own hard earned money. It's one of the only things he enjoys, and he protects it and treats it very carefully.

It bricked this morning :( Acts like a fuse is blown or something to the best of my research skills.

Anyone have one to part with reasonably? Hearing him say "I'm ok without it, Mom" about broke my heart tonight.

He prefers black or black/something (dark colours). But I think as long as it isn't pink he won't be too choosy.

ADS

urchin_grey

How long has he had it? Depending on how long, you may be able to get it repaired or switched out for another one at a discount through nintendo.com.

TerisBoys

How long has he had it? Depending on how long, you may be able to get it repaired or switched out for another one at a discount through nintendo.com.

He got it second hand at least a year ago. It was needing replacing anyway - broken hinge, broken shoulder buttons, etc. The fuse was kind of the final blow. I doubt Nintendo will do anything, but I'll check into it.

Ducky5306

I have a Red/Black one its about 2 years old but it was mostly played by me and not my son (He played with it only in the car, its in great shape) I have ZERO idea how much they go for! :confused: If you want to make an offer let me know! It's just sitting there! I have some games too but I doubt he'd be into Fashion Designer or Cooking! I do have a Wonderpets one and maybe a dora one? Oh and Mario Paper (i think) :)

TerisBoys

Ok - he said it's at least 4yo - one of the early ones. And the serial number sticker is gone off it, so I doubt I can get anywhere with nintendo.

As far as offers go, I have no idea. I know I can get a refurb at GameStop for $99+tax, or at a local secondhand shop for $80+tax (but she's out-of-stock right now and isn't sure when she'll get more.)

Ducky5306

$100 Shipped with Mario Paper or any other games I have? but let me actually FIND it before we made any official deal.. Its packed away in a cloth inside a ziplock bag in a box *somewhere* :eek:

TerisBoys

Bump - still looking.

It doesn't have to be perfect. I'm looking more for "less expensive, but works". If it wasn't somewhat of a social tool for J, I wouldn't be looking at all. But that silly little box has gotten him to talk to kids his own age (they trade Pokemon and games at lunchtime).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC