My new to me car and my car seats

emtb79

Saturday I became the new owner of a 2002 Ford Econoline van. It has 2 TV screens, a VHS player, and a cassette player:rolleyes:, but I love it. Ive had one before but never appreciated it. It's so amazingly easy to put the kids in and out, now only if it was a little lower to the ground.

It has no LATCH and limited TA's. I used the long belt path on the FR85 and used every bit of the seat belt. That seat isnt going anywhere. Oh and there is a lonely Radian 65 in the back row for those days I have to drive my extras.
SDC11794.jpg
SDC11795.jpg

SDC11788.jpg
SDC11793.jpg

Last edited:
ADS

mommyfrog

Your pictures aren't showing up but I would be interested in how the different seats fit. We will probably end up with something similar.

susanx4

yay!! i got to see her put in her 85!! and she wouldn't buy me one! but she did let me buy her nautilus!! :)

emtb79

Are they working now? The first row of all rearfacing(2.5yr TF, 8mth BVLD70, 6mth RA40) they fit just fit and I can put my hand between the seats. The second row all forward facing(5.5 Brian FR85, 4yr Margaret MR65, 5.5 yr Sydnee Nautilus) they puzzle real well together. Because the limited tether I made the decision to put the my ride in the center with the tether and put the Frontier outboard and usr the long belt path and have the shoulder belt go up the back to sorta act like a tether( like the roosevelt does).

emtb79

yay!! i got to see her put in her 85!! and she wouldn't buy me one! but she did let me buy her nautilus!! :)

I had fun Saturday.

I realized today when I tried to Brian in the seat I forgot to move the crotch strap out and the shoulder straps were too low. SO now I have to take the seats out of the 2nd row to get it out, but on the up side I can trade out the Onyx 85 for the Cowmoo 85 that is in my mom's car. :D My big van is gonna be mooing.

Kat_Momof3

all that cowmooflage needs to be in the same row!

am I right that you have a fourth row?? you could tether the seats that don't have a dedicated tether anchor to the 4th row seatbelts behind them!

emtb79

all that cowmooflage needs to be in the same row!

am I right that you have a fourth row?? you could tether the seats that don't have a dedicated tether anchor to the 4th row seatbelts behind them!

Mine is the 12 passenger. I have the Radian in back using the lap belt on the 4 person bench. I am not using the lap shoulder belts I hadnt thought of using the unoccupied seat belts.

Sunshy9

Thank you for posting this and for the pictures!! I am thinking about getting something like this for my summer job. It seems as though your 1st row of rearfacers and 2nd row of forward facers will be chatting with each other real soon :) thats so cute that they will face each other!

emtb79

We had a ride to storytime monday, the big kids talked to the babies and played peekaboo and with Hudson who is the third rear facer they told him knock knock jokes.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC