buying covers across the border

lilkn

I'm looking for a new cover for our DD's MR65 but do I have to only buy covers that were originally bought in Canada? I know that using US-intended seats up here is a big no-no, but does that include covers?

Thanks all!

ADS

LittlePeanut

Technically, it shouldn't be done BUT plenty of us here do buy the covers cross border. It may be missing the French warnings (not sure if the MR65 even has any on the covers though?). The covers, assuming they are OEM and not some of those "custom" ones that are aftermarket, fit perfectly so there is no concern about harnesses and interference.

lilkn

Definitely only covers originally from Graco. Alright, so I'll put out an ISO and watch on Swap to see if I can pick one up. Thank you!

tiggercat

I don't have a problem using US covers on my CDN seats. Just make sure you keep all of the foam bits on your seat when switching them. Gracos tend to have extra foam in the head areas in Canada vs their US counterparts and you don't want to lose those.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC