Summers Infant Prodigy

ADS

eyeslkethesky5391

Senior Community Member
Yeah and apparently the harness tightens to your child every time you place them in the seat...I will be very interested to get my hands on this piece of technology :whistle:

SafeGuard 1-Adjust harness system, the straps automatically conform to your baby’s body for a perfect fit every time.

hrice

If those features actually work and it fits small babies I'm in love! Every.single.baby I see in a bucket has crazy loose straps.

hrice

I thought of a few more features that could make this seat near perfect.

1-scale built in to base that auto weighs baby when the seat is engaged onto the base and alerts parents when they are nearing and at the weight limit

2-infinate slide harness so straps are always at the correct height

3-A line indicator of some sort 1" from the top of the shell that reads "Do not use if baby's head is above this line"

I look forward to seeing a convertible seat with the installation and auto harness features!

brelza

1-scale built in to base that auto weighs baby when the seat is engaged onto the base and alerts parents when they are nearing and at the weight limit

3-A line indicator of some sort 1" from the top of the shell that reads "Do not use if baby's head is above this line"

I look forward to seeing a convertible seat with the installation and auto harness features!

#3 is one thing I LOVED about the fisher price boosters I had long ago. They had a minimum and maximum shoulder line so it made it super easy to know when it was outgrown or grown into.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
eyeslkethesky5391 said:
SafeGuard 1-Adjust harness system, the straps automatically conform to your baby’s body for a perfect fit every time.

I wonder if that's the same technology that was used in the SafeGuard Child Seat. If so, it got much of the slack out but didn't actually conform to the kid. You still needed to do a little more adjusting.

I can see how people who don't know better would automatically think it was fine (like people relying on Britax's inaccurate "click" system), which could be potentially dangerous. But I'll wait to see the seat, of course.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Yeah and apparently the harness tightens to your child every time you place them in the seat...I will be very interested to get my hands on this piece of technology :whistle:

I took that to mean there was no need to adjust harness height, not that you wouldn't have to tighten the harness straps.

eyeslkethesky5391

Senior Community Member

The line indicator would be great...but if they tried to put a scale on it I can only imagine how much it would cost

eyeslkethesky5391

Senior Community Member
well it just seems really stinking similar to the mightytite...and what if it stretches the webbing to tight and breaks it? I know only time will tell but I'm curious

Kecia

Admin - CPST Instructor
Darren, Heather and I got to see and play with a late-production protype at ABC and it's an impressive seat with some really innovative features. The rachet mechanism is very similar to a mighty-tite so there is always the possibility that someone will really get carried away with it and damage their vehicle seatbelt. But the electronic feedback on the display screen will light up with a little smiley face once it's "tight enough" so hopefully that will encourage people to stop right there and not tighten it too much further. I don't know what will happen if you just keep tightening it beyond a resonable point. I'd love to see something on the display screen that lights up to warn the installer that they've gone too far (make the smiley face turn red?) but I also believe that you can't idiot-proof everything on the market.

But imagine how odd that would be? Too-tight installation misuse! How would we even teach techs to check for over-tightness? <hmmm...food for thought>

As for the harness height adjuster, this is the same technology that IMMI used on it's rear-facing only ambulance seat - the SafeGuard Transport. You still have to pull the front adjust strap to tighten the harness but as you tighten it you're also lowering the harness height to the child's shoulder level.

eyeslkethesky5391

Senior Community Member
Darren, Heather and I got to see and play with a late-production protype at ABC and it's an impressive seat with some really innovative features. The rachet mechanism is very similar to a mighty-tite so there is always the possibility that someone will really get carried away with it and damage their vehicle seatbelt. But the electronic feedback on the display screen will light up with a little smiley face once it's "tight enough" so hopefully that will encourage people to stop right there and not tighten it too much further. I don't know what will happen if you just keep tightening it beyond a resonable point. I'd love to see something on the display screen that lights up to warn the installer that they've gone too far (make the smiley face turn red?) but I also believe that you can't idiot-proof everything on the market.

But imagine how odd that would be? Too-tight installation misuse! How would we even teach techs to check for over-tightness? <hmmm...food for thought>

As for the harness height adjuster, this is the same technology that IMMI used on it's rear-facing only ambulance seat - the SafeGuard Transport. You still have to pull the front adjust strap to tighten the harness but as you tighten it you're also lowering the harness height to the child's shoulder level.

OH that is so cool...ur so lucky to be able to play with one

DaniChildcare

The auto adjust feature seems great, but my biggest concern would be malfunction. What if it malfunctioned while a baby was IN the seat? Would it auto shut off or something? Sound an alarm?

SavsMom

I wonder how much it will cost and what is the weight limit on the seat? With all that technology in the seat I could see it having a pretty good price tag - and if thats the case I certainly hope it will be a 35lb weight limit as well so you could get good use out of it.

It does look very cool.

eyeslkethesky5391

Senior Community Member

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC