3 Across with 2 Boulevards and a Turbobooster?

U

Unregistered

We're having to downsize from a large 3-row SUV to a smaller 3-row. Would we be able to get 3-across in most SUVs using 2 Boulevards and a TB? DS1 is 6, 38 lbs 43 tall, DS2 is almost 4, 33 lbs 39 tall and DD is 20 mos. 23 lbs 32 tall. I'd be willing to purchase a new seat for DS2 since his seat is almost 4 years old. I thought of getting a Maestro, but hubby looked at it at BRU yesterday and refused to buy it bc he said it measured no narrower than the blvd. I figured that a TB/Blvd/Maestro config would probably work in most SUVs, but he is suggesting a Blvd/TB/Blvd config would also work. Is this true? Any suggestions would be most helpful!

ADS

jourdysmom

CPST Instructor
In my experience the Blvd puzzles nicely together when one is forward facing and the other is rear facing.

Ideally your baby should be rear-facing at LEAST until the age of 2, but it is recommended that she RF until she outgrows the seat RF by weight (33 or 35 lbs depending on when the seat was made) or height (1" of shell above her head).

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sssIsceKd6U"]YouTube - Rear facing vs forward facing position in the car[/ame]

Though I am not sure if even with the 2 Blvds puzzled if a booster would fit next to it in a small SUV..

Do you know what SUV you are looking at? That may help us a little make some better suggestions. :)

U

Unregistered

She will be rf until past 2... and after that, I'm not sure. I know the greatest rf benefit occurs between 1 and 2. Please don't flame or judge-- I'm quite educated about the risks (just turned my almost-4 year old ff recently), but she is a horrible rf rider. I've been trying to see if I can find a way to install an aftermarket DVD player over her seat so maybe I can get a break from the constant screeching and keep her rf longer. So, ideally, I would like this to work rf and ff.

Anyway, we are not sure what we will get, as our budget is limited (we are leasing to keep payments low for now since I do not plan on going back to work for 2 years), and having a safe SUV with curtain airbags for all 3 rows and available AWD is important. We need 3 rows bc we carry grandparents and other kids in the car on a regular basis. We've been looking at a few-- Mazda CX-7, Ford Flex, Honda Pilot. The Flex is at the top of our list now, only bc it has a decent lease deal-- it would normally be too much for us. Of course, if you have any recommendations for cars as well, I'd be interested. Thank you so much for responding!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC