I shouldn't have looked.

alake

We are purchasing a second set of Britax Frontir XT. We are ordering car seats for our Florida home also. We will be living there full time, in October. We are picking up the second set of Frontiers when we are going out of town this weekend. I love the Maui Blue Frontier 85's. My BF doesn't want pink seats, and the girl's are fine with any cover. I wish that we could get the Maui Blue cover for the Frontier's in Canada. I will be ordering that cover for the Frontier 85's that we are getting for down south, and getting two cowmoo's for up here.

ADS

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Well... not that I'm endorsing it, but you could always order extra covers for the seats and use them on your CDN seats. Technically they wouldn't have the french warning label stuff on them, but they'd fit just fine and I've known others who have used US Britax covers on their CDN seats.

I don't know what state you're in, but you might want to consider buying Canadian Frontiers to use in the US too.. not the nice covers, but the Canadian seats have more energy absorbing material in the head area than the US seats do. The 85lb weight limit is going to be useless for most kids anyways, and that energy absorbing material could make a significant difference in a collision.

Granted the Canadian seats might not be legal to use in that state (don't know how it works for visitors or if your kids are dual citizens,) but I do have issues with the Frontier 85 not having the same amount of energy absorbing material as the Frontier XT...

mam521

I have US covers for my Roundabout and my Boulevard (had to have cowmoo :p). If you can order them when you're in Florida, you're way better off unless you've used a mail service to get items across the CAD boarder. Britax uses UPS and you get pillaged for the brokerage cost :( (try $4 d-ring totalling $35 after taxes and brokerage pillaged!)

alake

we are moving to Miami, Florida. We will be down there until 2019. My BF has a contract offer, for 8 years, to wrestle down there. I being his ring manager have to go with him.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC