OMG! My neighbor has her tether hooked to floor mat hooks!

nrae74

Well that is what I think they are. Does anyone know if a '94 Jeep has tether anchors? I checked and it did not have LATCH. I think the tether was attached to these little pull loops you use to pull the cargo floor up to get to the "under cargo" space:eek: I told her I would check this out on here but I was pretty sure that was not a tether anchor and not safe as it could just snap off in an accident and the thing would just go flying possibly into her dd's face. I told her she should just unhook it and roll it up into the little hold thing?? Is that right? What should she do?

She has the Eddie Bauer Adjustable Booster Car Seat, Bryant Collection

Does this seat need to be tethered?

She also had a pretty loose install, her husband seemed irked at me for saying so though and so he went to the back and tightened the tether(attached to cargo loops :p )

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Yeah, those are not approved for carseat use, as far as I know... I'll let someone else chime in who has more experience with that vehicle. No, that seat technically does not require a top tether, and I'd rather use nothing than an unapproved cargo hook if it were MY kid....

nrae74

Wouldn't matter what model. . .

I can't think of a US mfg. that had/used tether anchors in '94.

Thats what I thought, but I wasn't 100% sure. So what do you all think of attaching the tether to the cargo loops?? Her hubby doesn't want to change it.:confused:

Last edited:
Aside from sharing your concern that the force from a crash could cause the hook to break and come flying into his precious daughter's beautiful face, there's not much to do. Share a concern. Offer to find out if they can have anchors installed. Show them where to store the hook if they decide against using it. And hope for the best!

skaterbabs

She can NOT use the cargo anchor. She can go to Jeep and have an appropriate anchor installed, they will do one for free. Continueing to use the cargo anchor puts her child seriously at risk.

her dealer can refer to tech bulletin number 23-08-00 Rev. A

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC