Dash warning light for my Airbags came on

Synchro246

:( I need to go get it checked. The manual says that I need to go to a dealership. Is this a case where that is actually true?
What do you think could be causing this?

It makes me sad and stressed.

I just bought this 2003 Kia Sedona a monthish ago and this it's been perfect until this light appeared. . .:(

ADS

beebear23

Senior Community Member
Yep. Go to the dealer. When mine came on last year in my truck it meant that the on/off switch for the airbag wasn't working right, so even though it said the airbag was off, it may not have been. Very scary for me since my son sits in the passenger seat(in his car seat of course)..

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
I had to have an airbag sensor repaired on a Saturn I used to drive and I think it was either the airbag light or a service dash warning light that came on to indicate it needed fixing. The dealer took care of it free of charge and I can't remember anymore if my car was still under warranty at the time. If the car is out of warranty, it may still be covered since it's technically essential safety equipment.

On a side note, right after the sensor was replaced at the dealership and I picked up the car, I noticed the airbag dash light remained on as I was driving through the parking lot. I drove right back to the service garage to check it out again. The mechanic had forgotten the final step of re-activating the airbag after replacing the sensor, oops. :eek:

Synchro246

it could be as simple as a blown fuse...but i would get it checked out

I was wondering that too. I want Dh to check the fuses anyway because one of the cell chargers doesn't work and there was a fuse in the glove compartment when I bought the car--leading me to suspect fuses as a general issue for this car.

stevel

fuse possible, but highly unlikely for an airbag light. since it is an important system, most, if not all cars, use a dedicated fuse for that. not like other systems, where your cigarette lighter, interior lights, etc. might all be powered via the same fuse. if the fuse is blown, you probably still have another issue as to why the fuse blew, it will probably blow again. so it still needs to be checked properly, even if the fuse is "bad".

as far as cell phone charger not working, did it ever? usually plugging in accessories like that spreads the contacts in the power outlet over time and they may need to be "tweaked" back where they should be. or that fuse you found is for those outlets that someone didn't want powered up....

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC