Question RA classic, 50, 55 questions

DaniChildcare

So, i went to BRU today to see how the Nautilus installed in my car (beautiful install btw!) anyways, as i was installing the seat, i commented on how small it was (ie: i excepted it to be wider in my vehicle) I then commented that it fit better than my RA classic (ie, it seemed to take up less space side to side)...

He said that the RA 50 and 55 are narrower, and take up less room than my classic ... is this true? I thought the RA 50 and 55 had the same shell as the MA classic? I was in a hurry and didn't have time to go pull one from the shelf and compare the 2, are there any pictures comparing the RA classic to the 50 and/or 55?? :shrug-shoulders:

ADS

autumnlily

The Classic and 50 are more similar to each other than to the 55. The 55 is on the new base. The Classic and 50 are the same width as the classic MA BUT they don't have that LATCH bar that could sometimes get in the way when puzzling.

Meg

The RA 55 is narrower than the RA 50. I'm not sure about the RA 40 though. The RA 50 is 19 inches and the the RA 55 is 18 inches. Both have a 25 inch shell though.

Meg

Here, I just took a pic:
feb016-1.jpg

The seat of the RA 55 sits down lower in the base than the RA 50 or RA 40.

Back view, the RA 55 was reclined back one position in this pic while the RA 50 was fully upright (I didn't realize until after I took the pics):
feb013.jpg

Let me know if you want any other pics (side view, etc.)

(eta: both the harnesses are in the lowest slots in those pics)

DaniChildcare

Thanks Meg!!!

The 55 looks more refined than the RA40, 50 and Classic MA. I wasn't a big fan of that new recline thing (did i miss something with that, i tried it at BRU and felt like i was going to break it when i tried to pull it?), but with the ability to now see it next to the RA50, i like it more.

Meg

Thanks Meg!!!

The 55 looks more refined than the RA40, 50 and Classic MA. I wasn't a big fan of that new recline thing (did i miss something with that, i tried it at BRU and felt like i was going to break it when i tried to pull it?), but with the ability to now see it next to the RA50, i like it more.

You're welcome.:) I actually really like the recline on the new gen. seats. It's flexible plastic, so it's seems pretty different than the recline on other seats, but it's very sturdy, and I think it's easier than the RA 50.

DaniChildcare

I think i'm used to the metal bar, so when i pulled on the plastic, i assumed i was pulling on the wrong part, and then i was afraid i was going to break it. I'll have to check it out again another time.

Thanks again Meg!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC