Dorel Recalls Hundreds of Thousands of Carseats - Automated Feed from the Official Car-Seat.Org Blog!

ADS

afdani1984

They have all of the models and model numbers listed on the Dorel website. I just checked to see if mine was on there since I use a SF Air Protect, and that's not one of the models being recalled.

andre149

Does anyone know what models this applies to? P is in a Dorel seat (Ventura? It's the combo seat that makes a horrid booster) in her bio moms car but I can't tell off the model numbers which seats it is and i dont have the seat to check. TIA :)

Eta I could only find numbers earlier. Sounds like they may have models too... Will check again.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
If you click the link to the blog, they have put the names next to the model numbers :). I don't see that particular one, so it's probably fine :)

andre149

Found it... Doesn't seem to be that seat :) thanks! The website says it is all infant and convertible seats and lists models.

kaleigh71

Wasn't there a similar recall a few years ago? I remember having to switch out a harness adjuster strap on an Intera as part of that recall. I hated that seat anyway so it sat in the garage until I used it as a BRU trade.

**marking the Onboard35 Air off my list of potential seats for the n00b*** :whistle:

aeormsby

Anyone have any thoughts about how they chose the dates? Just asking because we have an Uptown, model # is on the list but ours was made 4/14/08, so misses the start date by about 2 weeks.

NannyMom

Anyone have any thoughts about how they chose the dates? Just asking because we have an Uptown, model # is on the list but ours was made 4/14/08, so misses the start date by about 2 weeks.

I'm the opposite problem. Mine is within the dates. But the model no is 22439OKP, but the recalled is 22439OKP3

MomToEliEm

I'm the opposite problem. Mine is within the dates. But the model no is 22439OKP, but the recalled is 22439OKP3

There is a more updated list than what is in the blog, and it looks like yours is now recalled:
http://www.djgusa.com/usa/eng/Safet...Restraint-System-Center-Front-Adjuster-Recall

never mind. I see yours does not have a "3" on the end. I think it probably is recalled anyway. The list probably doesn't include all the ending values. Just like initially, they just included the first numeric part without any alphanumeric characters.

canadiangie

Wasn't there a similar recall a few years ago? I remember having to switch out a harness adjuster strap on an Intera as part of that recall. I hated that seat anyway so it sat in the garage until I used it as a BRU trade.

**marking the Onboard35 Air off my list of potential seats for the n00b*** :whistle:

There was a similar issue, but it wasn't the same. I will attempt to explain..

When that happened it was the little teeth on the inside of the metal adjuster tab that weren't gripping the harness webbing of the adjuster strap. And if the teeth can't grip, then the harness will slip.

With this it's that the metal adjuster tab isn't popping back down and locking into place. It's getting stuck in the up position which means the harness is able to slide loose. You need to lube it up so that the springs can work.

dneul

So what happens if you have seats that are not registered? I think I might have 5-10 of these seats with a 09 manufacture date on them. They are new in the box and are not registered. These seats are designated for my fitting station...They are convertible and hbb.

NannyMom

So what happens if you have seats that are not registered? I think I might have 5-10 of these seats with a 09 manufacture date on them. They are new in the box and are not registered. These seats are designated for my fitting station...They are convertible and hbb.

you get the DOM and model numbers. Call Dorel and get the fix. You shouldn't have to have it registered. The Avenue that I have is earmarked as a donation seat (bought with church funds). So it's not registered. But I'll be calling Dorel.

NannyMom

There is a more updated list than what is in the blog, and it looks like yours is now recalled:
http://www.djgusa.com/usa/eng/Safet...Restraint-System-Center-Front-Adjuster-Recall

never mind. I see yours does not have a "3" on the end. I think it probably is recalled anyway. The list probably doesn't include all the ending values. Just like initially, they just included the first numeric part without any alphanumeric characters.

There's somewhere on the site where you can simply input DOM and model no. I did it last night and it told me no. I will be calling Dorel to verify though.

Kecia

Admin - CPST Instructor
FYI – I just added a paragraph to the blog listing the model NAMES that may be affected.

The Dorel site states “…and include Convertible child restraints Alpha Omega, Alpha Omega Elite, Enspira, Priori, Prospect, and Vantage; Infant child restraints Mico and OnBoard.” However, the Dorel site fails to state that this is an incomplete list of model names. :thumbsdown:

Brownie points go to anyone who can come up with more info on the last 2 recalled models listed! Google wasn't any help (for me) and neither was the Dorel website.
IC-072-SON & 17-439 ABY

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
ok, just to clarify....the seats are only recalled if they are an affected MODEL, *and* if they were manufactured within the dates of may 1st 08 through april 30 09?? Is that correct? or not.
I have a recalled MODEL (22-155 HMR) but it was manufactured prior to may 1st 08.
So does that mean I'm in the clear?

SavsMom

They just posted this on facebook:

A Note about our CFA Safety Recall
by Safety 1st on Tuesday, February 15, 2011 at 2:30pm

Dorel Juvenile Group has been the definitive leader in children’s products for more than 25 years. As the world’s largest car seat manufacturer we are continually investing in and advancing our processes for one reason, the safety of children. It is at the heart of what we do and it is with the youngest consumers in mind that we design our products.

The voluntary recall we have announced in cooperation with The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration includes some models of Cosco, Safety 1st and Maxi-Cosi car seats. In the affected models, there is a potential for the harness adjustment strap to loosen during use. If this were to occur, the harness may be loose around the child, possibly increasing the risk of injury in a crash.

It is important to note there have been no incidents or injuries reported. Equally important to note is your car seat is safe to use, while awaiting the repair kit. Before heading out with your child or children, after buckling him or her in, give a tug on the harness strap to make sure it is tight and secure.

Information about the affected models and how to obtain a repair kit can be found at http://www.safety1st.com/usa/eng/Sa...Restraint-System-Center-Front-Adjuster-Recall. You will also find contact information if you need to speak with someone on our Consumer Relations team. The model number can be found on the label on the front of the car seat.

Any recall is unfortunate, particularly those affecting children’s products. We value you, our customers, and take your feedback and concerns very seriously. We will continue to work very hard every day to earn your trust and are committed to provide products that are of the highest quality, design and value. That is our pledge to parents, because we are parents too.

laudymama

I guess this would explain why when I called their customer service several months ago regarding my son's carseat harness "loosening on its own" they immediately sent me out a brand new seat w/ no further questions. Nice how I still haven't been contacted! At first I just thought they had really amazing customer service-what a joke. Becoming quickly unimpressed w/ Dorel products....seems they have alot of recalls w/ their various products. I got fed up w/ the carseat anyway and its difficulty of use, did more research, and ended up buying a Britax for him. Couldn't be happier!

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
I read somewhere yesterday that they're not considering it a safety defect, but rather an equipment malfunction or something like that. Nice semantics, Dorel.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC