Lovely little monsters

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
I saw two today! One I got to take home, the other unfortunately I had to let the parents leave with because I didn't have a replacement for it. I'm meeting her on Tuesday to trade out, though. :D

So, the one I brought home is a Cosco Designer 22, circa 2001. I'm pretty sure it's been wrecked - stress marks at the belt path on the base, plus at the attachment points on both the seat and base. Woohoo! Seriously messed-up harness adjustment on it; I'd never seen it before. The harness straps route under this bar on the back of the seat, then up to the splitter plate. (My oldest had to help me figure it out, since it came disassembled!)

The other one I didn't get too good a look at, and the cover was a wreck, but I went through the pictorial and I'm pretty sure it's a 90's seat. Evenflo Medallion looks about right, but for all I know it's a foreign seat - never seen anything like it!

ADS

Kecia

Admin - CPST Instructor
Good job! FWIW, the Medallion is always easy to tell because it only had 2 harness slots heights.

Defrost

Good job! FWIW, the Medallion is always easy to tell because it only had 2 harness slots heights.

That was my thought when I was looking at the pictorial... but the cover on the one I saw was literally hanging halfway down the seat, totally covering the harness, and I didn't really have time to mess with it and get a better look!

Defrost

so what do u need w/these?:confused:

Um... anger relief? :D

I'm just happy to be replacing them with safe seats, and getting these dangerous seats out-of-commission. I think I've got about a dozen seats in my back yard right now, stripped of their covers and harnesses, waiting for the weather to warm enough to beat them with an axe and take them to the dump.

Reactions: Mae

Defrost

It is indeed an Evenflo Medallion! Lots of missing stickers, so no expiration date or anything, but it's only got the two harness slots. Lower ones aren't reinforced. Insanely long top tether. The airbag warning sticker is bright yellow & it's on the side of the seat, not the cover. Really weird lower anchor points for the harness at the hips.

The other one (which wasn't with Mom on Friday) is a Touriva. No sticker on it at all, and both the lower anchor strap and the tether had been cut off. Puzzle buckle, only the top harness slots reinforced. No notches of death, though - wasn't it the Touriva that had those?

Fun fun fun! Both girls (turning five this month) rode away in HBBs. I love this job. :love:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC